Solved After upgrading freebsd from 13 to 14, rinetd stopped working correctly

New ports added to rinetd,conf do not work. (The remmina application of a remote computer, when accessing a port newly added to rinetd.conf , displays a message : cannot connect to the RDP server).Only those ports that I added to rinetd.conf of freebsd-13 work

Port 40009 dont work for remote acsess ,although the logs show port forwarding no errors;...but 19 arrived at rinetd and 0 passed

Code:
/var/log/rinetd.log
29/Feb/2024:17:15:50    ip from   ip to   40009   10.44.7.77      3389  19   0
and if you write port 30009 (I entered it into Rinetd in Freebsd-13) on rinetd.conf then the RDP works
I added line
Code:
allow *.*.*.*

to the config, although it worked in Fribsd-13 without it, but it didn’t helpp....
And through port 30009
Code:
......30009   10.44.1.44      3389    1272    113

Moreover, through port 30009 forwarding only works with IP 10.44.1.44 (I set this in freebsd-13). 30009 does not work with any other local network IP in freebsd-14.I forwarded several ports in freebsd 10 and then upgraded system to 11,12,13,14 and they also work.And although new ports are added, they are not forwarded in freebsd 14

I understand that rinetd will not work in freebsd 14 anytime soon. Is there another simple way instead of Rinetd?

I tried forwarding the port this way, but 10.44.7.77 is still not visible from the wan
Code:
ipfw nat 1 config log if em0 reset same_ports redirect_port tcp 10.44.7.77:30099 3389

In the meantime, we have to build a server on Debian 12 with the good old iptables . There are no problems with forwarding, just one line and on the fly

I have another server with the version of the system 14.0-RELEASE-p3 FreeBSD 14.0-RELEASE-p3 #0: Mon Dec 11 04:56:01 UTC 2023 . Rinetd works here. I will save this version and I will not update the system anymore.Rinetd probably stopped working correctly between p4 and p5. But I will do a spare server on Debian 12 or EndeavorOS with iptables.

But only in p3 the log file does not receive any information. In
p5 logs were written, but new IP addresses were not forwarded. Okay, and
without logs suits me.

I don't use rinetd but don't think that much changes between patch levels - so if it definitely works in p3 but not p4 or p5 then that suggests something else amiss.

Having said that, is there anything in the p4/p5 changes that made network changes e.g.

Can you set up a base 14 release install, confirm rinetd works (smallest config. to prove the point), then upgrade and re-test? If it still works, then something at your end (so compare the working server to the non-working). If it doesn't work then definitely something in the upgrades so maybe someone can look at that.

The title implies that issue occurred between 13 and 14. And then you suggested it occurred between 14.0p3 and p5. 🤷‍♂️

EDIT - what I meant was install 14 on a different machine and test on that. Obviously you don’t want to do on the problem machine.

The title implies that issue occurred between 13 and 14. And then you suggested it occurred between 14.0p3 and p5. 🤷‍♂️

EDIT - what I meant was install 14 on a different machine and test on that. Obviously you don’t want to do on the problem machine.
I wanted to add an IP to Rinetd in p5. Before that, I added addresses in general to Frebsd 13 and then upgraded to 14.And now I have 2 servers: one with p3 and the other with p 5. In the second, the added new addresses in rinetd.conf do not work, but in the first with p3 they work. So I won’t update the system anymore but will wait for the release 14.1 .I updated both servers at the same time somewhere since 2013 from version 10.0

Back