acpiconf -i0 doesn't update (HP Laptop battery)

After every reboot the state that acpiconf -i0 shows (charge level, charging/discharging or whatever) the same until the next reboot. As far as I know it should change with changing the battery state ? ;)

OS is 9.0-STABLE FreeBSD 9.0-STABLE #0: Wed Mar 7 16:09:52 EET 2012 amd64 on HP ProBook 4530s.

Any ideas how to fix that will be appreciated.

/bump
devilgrin.gif

We do not encourage "bumping" (to say the least). Do you have additional information to add to this topic?

DutchDaemon said:
We do not encourage "bumping" (to say the least). Do you have additional information to add to this topic?

I know, that's why I did it month+ apart. And the latest 9-STABLE (from yesterday) has the same problem. Using an HP laptop with that bug is a joke because you don't know at what level is the battery and it shut down twice on me already in the middle of something I was doing. The only good thing is that it wasn't that important so not much of a loss, yet it's annoying close to meaningless using that laptop with FreeBSD :\

Have you tried another number for the battery? For example # acpiconf -i 1?
There is (unfortunately) no guarantee that laptop manufacturers name things consistently.

tingo said:
Have you tried another number for the battery? For example # acpiconf -i 1?
There is (unfortunately) no guarantee that laptop manufacturers name things consistently.

$:> acpiconf -i1
Code:
acpiconf: get battery info (1) failed: Device not configured

Nope, it is 0 but for some reason it do not update the info :(

Ok, now something new is happening (I feel like I'm in wonderland :e). Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. First time I "detected" it working was with upowerd -d. And then I checked acpiconf -i0 and it worked too. Then I disabled hald/dbus from rc.conf and battery status updates no more ... then I enabled them again and it still does not work :x And now I'm left clueless on what is really happening x(

PS: It actually stops working "on its own" even without stopping dbus/hald/upowerd or rebooting. It works (updates status) 1-2 times out of ~15 pulling out and plugging in the power cord. And most of the time (99%) it never updates the battery level.

kr651129 said:
I had the same problem until I updated my BIOS.

Updated with the latest BIOS from HP. FreeBSD kernel and world is from few days ago (9.1-BETA1) ... and shocker - it still does not work :\

I have the same problem since I've updated to 9.1-RC3, it still works on 8.0 and my laptop is HP Probook 4510s

Back