Access to mysql80-server with SSL

I have a question about mysql server that is really about mysql-connector-c, but I'm hoping someone on this forum will have the answer. I've had mysql-server running for many years, with a local client that accesses the database using mysql-connector-c. The client program is pretty simple: it calls mysql_init and then mysql_real_connect to connect to the database. With the upgrade to mysql80-server, it uses SSL by default, and therefore it broke the connection process on the client. This is fixed by running the server with the
--skip-ssl option.

This is pretty secure because the only access to the db is within the local site. However, I'd like to go back to the ssl option. From searching the web, my understanding is that on the client, one must run mysql-option in between the init and the real connect on the client. I've tried various possibilities with little success, so I'm wondering if some freebsd user has had success in in doing this. The public and private pem files for the server are located in the data directory, but I'm not sure how to use them.

Can anyonne help me with the mysql_options configuration?

It sort of reads like a programming question. Might need to move this to "Userland Programming and Scripting".

Are you having problems with a client configuration? Or are you looking for hints on how to do this in C/C++?

I wasn't sure where it should go, or even if it belongs on the FreeBSD forum. It probably should go to the programming section, but I don't know how to move it.

Ah, I see it is in web and network services, and that is fine.
If it's about configuration of a client, then yes. If it's about writing code for the client, then we should move it to "Userland Programming and Scripting".

Back