Watching Spotify and listening to Netflix in 2023

which is a relatively straightforward proxy for the Content Decryption Module API. The port provides a native FreeBSD CDM implementation (a shared library) that in background transparently launches one or more Linux processes loading Widevine. They communicate through a pair of Unix sockets.
How do you even know where to start with developing stuff like this? o_O

I need to come to terms with my lack of patience for deep technical problem-solving and general lack of intelligence.

Has this bug been fixed or my system is misconfigured ?

Code:
[mario@marietto /usr/ports/www/foreign-cdm]==> make MAKE_JOBS_UNSAFE=yes

===>  Building for foreign-cdm-20231217_3
./build/capnp-fbsd/c++/src/capnp/capnp compile -obuild/capnp-fbsd/c++/src/capnp/capnpc-c++ src/cdm.capnp
make: exec(./build/capnp-fbsd/c++/src/capnp/capnp) failed (No such file or directory)
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make: stopped in /usr/ports/www/foreign-cdm/work/foreign-cdm-3fe4d7130bb1e0581b5310635515a120f2794b88
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make: stopped in /usr/ports/www/foreign-cdm

Has this bug been fixed or my system is misconfigured ?

Code:
[mario@marietto /usr/ports/www/foreign-cdm]==> make MAKE_JOBS_UNSAFE=yes

===>  Building for foreign-cdm-20231217_3
./build/capnp-fbsd/c++/src/capnp/capnp compile -obuild/capnp-fbsd/c++/src/capnp/capnpc-c++ src/cdm.capnp
make: exec(./build/capnp-fbsd/c++/src/capnp/capnp) failed (No such file or directory)
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make: stopped in /usr/ports/www/foreign-cdm/work/foreign-cdm-3fe4d7130bb1e0581b5310635515a120f2794b88
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make: stopped in /usr/ports/www/foreign-cdm
Just install via package

normally you try to install from ports, then using git
file a bug report somewhere

find a old website and copy files to a random directory :)

just saying that you tend not to use the easy solution

I had this working at the end of last year and Q1 this year.
For other reasons I had to switch back to quarterly packages instead of latest.
Yesterday I had a lot of packages upgraded due to the Q2 transition.
I installed chromium and foreign-cdm as packages and /www/linux-widevine-cdm from /usr/ports with 'make and make install' as before, but DRM content could not be showed.
Do I need to be on 'latest' again?

TWIMC

I switched to latest again today (finished a long period of informal care which prevented me from tinkering).

Reinstalled some nvidia/nvidia-drm-kmod drivers as packages and compiled /usr/ports/www/linux-widevine-cdm (doas make deinstall, doas make clean, doas make and doas make install).

I am able to watch DRM content again.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240420_084216.png
    Screenshot_20240420_084216.png
    892.7 KB · Views: 38
I followed those steps in the first post of this thread and it didn't work.
Is there a full working tutorial?
pkg: No packages available to install matching 'linux-chrome' have been found in the repositories

I installed from the ports tree. You don't need to do anything else except `make install`.

It's already there... something has to be missing here

Updating FreeBSD repository catalogue...
FreeBSD repository is up to date.
All repositories are up to date.
Checking integrity... done (0 conflicting)
The most recent versions of packages are already installed

Running from the console I got

ALSA lib conf.c:4099:(config_file_open) cannot access file /etc/alsa/conf.d/50-oss.conf
ALSA lib conf.c:4019:(snd_config_hooks_call) function snd_config_hook_load returned error: No such file or directory
ALSA lib conf.c:4626:(snd_config_update_r) hooks failed, removing configuration
[19901:19901:0514/141455.757347:ERROR:alsa_util.cc(204)] PcmOpen: default,No such file or directory
ALSA lib conf.c:4099:(config_file_open) cannot access file /etc/alsa/conf.d/50-oss.conf
ALSA lib conf.c:4019:(snd_config_hooks_call) function snd_config_hook_load returned error: No such file or directory
[19901:19901:0514/141455.758778:ERROR:alsa_util.cc(204)] PcmOpen: plug:default,No such file or directory
[19901:19901:0514/141500.160019:ERROR:alsa_util.cc(204)] PcmOpen: default,No such file or directory
[19901:19901:0514/141500.161318:ERROR:alsa_util.cc(204)] PcmOpen: plug:default,No such file or directory

Do I need OSS enabled?
Seems it's looking in wrong path
the correct path is /usr/local/etc/alsa/conf.d/50-oss.conf

Back