RISC-V Single Board Computers (SBC's)

FreeBSD has microSD images for generic RiscV SBC's (Single Board Computers) RiscV is based on open hardware designs.

BeagleV is one product series of board which uses the RiscV architecture. There's two products at this time which cost about $150. One board offers micro HDMI output. Does anyone know which video hardware this board or expansion boards use? I looked on their specifications and couldn't find it, it just says it has Linux drivers available. I would suspect it has to do with TI hardware.

What are your experiences with FreeBSD on RiscV SBC's? Also, what other RiscV SBC's are there for discussion?

I'm interested too. Currently I am fighting to keep my wallet shut against the attack of ... Nice.

It's ~alpha-ish status and most hardware is very slow if you're consider it as a replacement to lets say aarch64 or low power amd64.

Yeah, but 64 cores versus 4 can do with a lot with slower cores. Time will tell.

Oh, and I like the idea of a standard boot process (U-Boot/EFI) and not this devtree madnesses which every arm does differently.

Back