Xenon wrote:Hello everyone,
I decided to install FreeBSD 8.2 Generic to a machine I bought recently. Everything seems to be performing well except for the graphics card, which as you can see in the title, is an Intel HD GMA integrated graphics card. There are two video outputs, a VGA and an HDMI, I am currently using the HDMI output at 1280x768 resolution.
I've compiled Xorg (Just standard Xorg, NOT Xorg-server)
from ports with no errors, which installed the x11-drivers/xf86-intel-video driver. Simply running a "startx", everything checks out fine. Resolution is okay, a little bit grainy, but okay.
So I then installed gnome2 from packages with "pkg_add -r gnome2". Starting GDM from the console worked fine, resolution is still okay. But I am finding that the graphics are VERY choppy. If I open Firefox, I can't move my mouse across the screen without it lagging. So I compiled Chromium from ports, thinking it could just be Firefox, but the same thing, with pretty much every program.
Is my hardware just not very well supported, or did Xorg try to configure Xorg.conf with the wrong driver? I read in another thread that people were using Xorg-server with Mesa 7.x and they said they had no issues. Is my problem that I am using Xorg instead of Xorg-server and without Mesa?
173. drmOpenDevice: [color="Red"]node name is /dev/dri/card0[/color]
174. Failed to change owner or group for file /dev/dri! 2: No such file or directory
175. [color="Red"]Failed to change owner or group for file /dev/dri/card0! 2: No such file or directory[/color]
176. drmOpenDevice: open result is -1, (No such file or directory)
177. Failed to change owner or group for file /dev/dri/card0! 2: No such file or directory
178. drmOpenDevice: open result is -1, (No such file or directory)
179. drmOpenDevice: Open failed
180. [drm] failed to load kernel module "i915"
181. (EE) intel(0): [drm] Failed to open DRM device for pci:0000:00:02.0: File exists
182. (EE) intel(0): Failed to become DRM master.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests