For the past couple of years I've been using pan ([port]news/pan[/port]) which I really like. But, it has a few drawbacks, it only allows a maximum of 4 connections and it doesn't support SSL. My usenet provider allows 20 connections on my account and I'd really like to use SSL.
So my question is, what alternative usenet clients are there?
- Preferably GTK but if the client is good enough I won't mind QT
- 'tasklist' so articles/attachments are queued and downloaded in the background while still being able to browse/read postings
- support for more then 4 concurrent connections
- SSL support
- Images and such should be visible 'inline' in a posting
- supports Yenc
- able to handle multipart postings
I think that pretty much sums up the 'requirements' I have
As I said, I'm happy to continue using pan, just wondering if there's something else out there (and I couldn't really find anything in the ports tree).