Virtual Box Guest Additions

In /usr/ports/emulators/virtualbox. Run the following command:

Code:
make config

Select "Guest Additions" and reinstall Virtualbox.

reinstall of virtualbox failed to find>
Code:
===>   Returning to build of virtualbox-3.0.51.r22acpi0_check: npx0 attached
===>   virtualbox-3.0.51.r22902_3 depends on file: /usr/local/bin/easy_instaacpi0_check: acpi0 busy
===>   virtualbox-3.0.51.r22902_3 depends on file: /usr/local/bin/python2.6 - found
===>   virtualbox-3.0.51.r22902_3 depends on file: /usr/local/libdata/pkgconfig/xcursor.pc - found
===>   virtualbox-3.0.51.r22902_3 depends on file: /usr/local/libdata/pkgconfig/xmu.pc - found
===>   virtualbox-3.0.51.r22902_3 depends on package: qt4-gui>=4.5.3 - not found
===>   Found qt4-gui-4.5.2_1, but you need to upgrade to qt4-gui>=4.5.3.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/emulators/virtualbox.
*** Error code 1

*** Error code 1

How do I get and upgrade to qt4-gui>=4.5.3. when it doesn't appear in FreeBSD?

Yep, the ports version is 4.53.

Code:
grep ^qt4-gui /usr/ports/INDEX-8 | awk -F\| '{print $1}'
qt4-gui-4.5.3

Virtual box is reinstalled with guest additions. But, it isn't or doesn't seem to be active. On Linux there is a file to run that installs the additions and recomplies the kernel. The linux and solaris files are on the cd image. How do I make the Guest Additions active?

Selected Guest additions from the menu and nothing happened. To check if it was a silent action I attempted to use the folder mount feature which becomes active with guest additions and couldn't due to feature not present.

Debian is coming out with a BSD kernel. Maybe the wider distribution will result in Virtualbox supporting guest additions.

I suppose the guest additions in config for the build is for FreeBSD being the host and providing the additions to the guests under the FreeBSD host.

Thanks for your timely replies.

Back