Installing vboxadditions in guest

Hi, I have installed freebsd 7.2 as guest on virtualbox which is on Windows Vista. I however do not have the virtualbox port which is supposed to be located at /usr/ports/emulators/virtualbox. How can I install it? I was looking for a way to make the virtual window use my whole full screen. The guest additions on the virtualbox windows does not have a freebsd version.

Yes, i did install the ports when I installed the system initially. I actually managed to install kde4 which seems to work fine on the virtual PC, just small screen.

If you installed the ports from the CD, chances are virtualbox isn't in there (yet). Get an up to date ports tree with the command I gave earlier.

I installed over the internet. I downloaded the .iso file and installed the base system after configuring the network. Then after installing vim and bash and adding a user I followed the instructions in chapter 24.7 which on second thought look like they are meant for anyone with freebsd before 7.2. I got the 7.2 iso and I am thinking this might have been not neccessary for me. These are the commands I ran:

Code:
# cd /usr/src
# make buildworld
# make buildkernel
# make installkernel
# shutdown -r now

# adjkerntz -i
# mount -a -t ufs
# mergemaster -p
# cd /usr/src
# make installworld
# mergemaster
# reboot

Can I just go ahead and run the portsnap fetch update ?

The ports tree is independent of the OS version (though some ports may or may not install on a particular version), so you can always run 'portsnap fetch extract' and 'portsnap fetch update'.

Wow! thanks allot that worked. It took a while for the program to run but I now have the virtualbox port. Hopefully I can now get the virtual box to use the full screen.

Thanks again.

Back