Can't install XBMC

Code:
===>  Checking if multimedia/xbmc already installed
pkg_add: can't stat package file '/usr/ports/multimedia/xbmc/work/xbmc-12.2_1.tbz'
*** [install-package] Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/multimedia/xbmc.
*** [install] Error code 1

I can't install the port. This is done in ports not when I'm trying to install the package which is not the 12.2_1 revision.

jb_fvwm2 said:
[cmd=] pkg_add -f [/cmd] works?
Works Yes! But does it work with make install clean? No. So, I'm unable to install the port for some odd reason. Which is the result of the error message when I attempt to do this.

Try updating your ports tree again. There's some work going on that affects all ports and you may just have hit a snag.

SirDice said:
Try updating your ports tree again. There's some work going on that affects all ports and you may just have hit a snag.

The make command builds XBMC but it will not install? What may be the reason that will prevent this from installing? This help solved some other problems I had with other broken ports but, my only sole problem is this one right now: http://forums.freebsd.org/showthread.php?t=40409.

chessmaster said:
The make command builds xbmc but it will not install? What maybe the reason that will prevent this from installing?
They're working on staging so a regular user will be able to build a port. The order of things seems to have changed too. In the past a package wasn't created prior to installation. You could only create a package after the install was done. Not all ports have been updated and some still require a bit of work.

SirDice said:
They're working on staging so a regular user will be able to build a port. The order of things seems to have changed too. In the past a package wasn't created prior to installation. You could only create a package after the install was done. Not all ports have been updated and some still require a bit of work.

I shouldn't deinstall this x(. I started having these problems about two days ago after removing it. Is it safe to report this as a PR?

chessmaster said:
Is it safe to report this as a PR?
I'd give it a few more days. But if it still refuses to build I'd report it.

You can keep an eye on any changes here: http://svnweb.freebsd.org/ports/head/multimedia/xbmc/Makefile?view=log

You can also try to edit the Makefile, if you look at the differences of the previous version. As far as I can see you only need to add back NO_STAGE and modify the post-install: a bit.

SirDice said:
I'd give it a few more days. But if it still refuses to build I'd report it.

You can keep an eye on any changes here: http://svnweb.freebsd.org/ports/head/multimedia/xbmc/Makefile?view=log

You can also try to edit the Makefile, if you look at the differences of the previous version. As far as I can see you only need to add back NO_STAGE and modify the post-install: a bit.
Thanks for the suggestion. Editing the Makefile and changing the diffs successfully installed the port.

This port doesn't compile with non-free. That is why it doesn't compile. But with it disabled it's properly installed.

Back