make install fatal error? make.conf

Hello, I'm reflectively new to FreeBSD and UNIX-like OS's so my troubleshooting techniques are almost non-existent...

Today, I am trying to install an FTP server to go along with my newly made webserver. Followed a guide on installing vsftpd and got this error right off the start:
Code:
# cd /usr/ports/ftp/vsftpd
# make install clean
"/etc/make.conf", line 3: .include filename must be delimited by '"' or '<'
make: fatal errors encountered -- cannot continue

This is what my make.conf file looks like, I looked at examples on line and nobody's make.conf was in any way similar to mine:

Code:
# added by use.perl 2012-10-23 03:11:58
PERL_VERSION=5.14.1
.include /usr/local/etc/ports_sites.conf

I guess you see I have installed perl. Not sure why it is displayed here and nothing else installed.

Critical information: on accident, I ran the command portsnap extract when trying to update my ports collection. I intended to type portsnap update

What can I do to correct the problem?

Thanks ahead of time.

:q

so I did what the error told me to do and edited make.conf
Code:
line 3:
.include "/usr/local/etc/ports_sites.conf"
seems to be working. I installed Pure-FTP because vsftpd was no longer on the ports list.

Waiting for feedback. In the mean time, installing pure-ftp. :q

Just very confused as to why this happened and why I can no longer see vsftpd.

:q:q:q:q

Sorry for the triple posting. It seems as though I am unable to edit my own posts.

Additional Information: Just remembered that I installed the port Fastest Sites from ports-mgmt/fastest_sites

HAH! Just found my problem. A guide I followed from here had me edit my make.conf file. I (being stupid) just copy and pasted all of his code.

It Pays to not be mindless and do the work yourself.

---Thread Closed---

Back