Request: Synapse

Hi folks,

I am wondering if someone is willing to port the Zeitgeist add-on Synapse to FreeBSD as it would be one more argument for FreeBSD on the desktop. :e

I could try porting it myself, but I am rather inexperienced yet, and Synapse seems to have a bunch of dependencies of really weird origins.

Hence, this is only some request...

Cthulhux said:
Hi folks,

I am wondering if someone is willing to port the Zeitgeist add-on Synapse to FreeBSD as it would be one more argument for FreeBSD on the desktop. :e

I could try porting it myself, but I am rather inexperienced yet, and Synapse seems to have a bunch of dependencies of really weird origins.

Hence, this is only some request...

I would second this. I'm thinking this might be a great learning opportunity for porting :)

I'd give my left arm for such a port. I dabbled with it but the first hurdle I hit was that it requires Vala >=0.14 which we don't have in our ports tree right now.

I think Vala should be easy to port. I just tried 0.17.4 and got it to compile (gmake) and install successfully.

LE: Just for fun, later I will try writing a short Makefile, distinfo and pkg-plist for it.

Anyone care to beat me to it? :D

My bad, I understood that the port doesn't exist at all. Anyway, I think it's quite easy to adapt the port to the new version. You could do it yourself or you could write an e-mail to the maintainer asking that he does it.

Back