can not start aGUI session after update

Hopefully somebody have a work around for this from previous problem. The thing is after I update my system I can no longer start a graphical interface session.
The error I got is
Code:
Could not start D-bus, can you call qdbus?
I wonder if during the upgrade the dbus script file got modified. I really don't know and I would like to hear some advices.
Thank you I will appreciate it.

Thank you for your reply. The update I did was using
Code:
# Portupgrade -a
then everything was upgraded but when I tried to start KDE I got the message that could not start D-bus.
I don't know what happened and I was hopping somebody here had seem this error before.
I will appreciate all advice.

Don't just blindly run portupgrade -a. Always read /usr/ports/UPDATING beforehand. There's even a command for it these days: pkg_updating(1).

I learned my lesson the hard way. However I would like to solve the D-bus problem and then worry about keeping the ports up date.

Actually I don't really know if I will use my port collection anymore since my computer is quite old it takes really long time to compile software from source. I find quicker just to do a pkg_add -r

I will appreciate any help. Thank you.

TroN-0074 said:
Code:
Could not start D-bus, can you call qdbus?
Call qdbus from the command line, as the message is asking for. The output might give some extra messages, hinting to the problem.

Thank you I had called qdbus and this is what I get
Code:
Cannot mix incompatible Qt library (version 0x40701) with this library (version 0x40704)
Abort trap (core dumped)

I was advised to re install Qt but I am not sure how to do that in FreeBSD I am using KDE4.
I will appreciate more advice thank you.

*******************************************************************************************************
Solved:
Removed everything
Code:
# pkg_delete -a
then re install all packages. A bit radical solution but it worked.

Back