LibreOffice binary package is corrupt

I tried installing it twice; both times, one of the files (the same one) failed to decompress, resulting the the package not being installed (though its dependencies were).

I'm using the 32-bit package for LibreOffice 3.4. Usually corrupt packages are due to download errors, though.

I've been having the same problems. Errors on a failure to decompress a bzip file.
Can post the exact file tonight when I get home.

Confirmed ... the file is absolutely corrupted on all mirrors. Tried all of them.

Please replace with an uncorrupted file.

Edit: specific file name: libreoffice-3.4.4.tbz

Again we need more info.

When issuing # pkg_add -r libreoffice it will say what file it's downloading, from where and for which architecture.
Copy and paste that line here.

Abort the download and fetch() it manually. After that you can easily run md5(1) on it:
# md5 libreoffice-3.4.4.tbz

OH said:
Again we need more info.

When issuing # pkg_add -r libreoffice it will say what file it's downloading, from where and for which architecture.
Copy and paste that line here.

Abort the download and fetch() it manually. After that you can easily run md5(1) on it:
# md5 libreoffice-3.4.4.tbz
Apologies. I thought those answers would have been implied. For amd64, the package is libreoffice-3.4.5.tbz and that one was fine. libreoffice-3.4.4.tbz which is the one in question is for i386. Distro I grabbed for was 9.0-release. It is the 3.4.4 one for i386 which is corrupt on all mirrors tried.

I originally tried to add it using the normal # pkg_add -r libreoffice and it spewed many errors from gtar claiming that files and directories didn't exist. There were many, many of them. Tried multiple mirrors, same result from all of them at a command line. I assumed that perhaps I was getting a truncated download, but the errors were exactly the same every time I tried. No other packages downloaded last night suffered any irregularities, just that one.

I then directly downloaded the file via ftp, again from six different mirrors (ftp., ftp4., etc) directly and saved to Desktop. I then opened the file using file-roller in gnome and this screenshot shows the result:

http://oi42.tinypic.com/358osyf.jpg

And as requested, result of MD5 on the file (they all had the same result):

# MD5 (libreoffice-3.4.4.tbz) = d1f3e156e8b9930e71ee53d0a05821d4

Hope this helps.

OK, evidently the i386 package of LibreOffice 3.4.4 is broken. I don't think they'll create a new one, as they're busy preparing 3.5.

I've made one, maybe it can be of some use.
Code:
SIZE (libreoffice-3.4.5.tbz) = 118853665
MD5 (libreoffice-3.4.5.tbz) = 8a5d64dd32ce83f672346a2135963008

It was built in a i386 VirtualBox without an X installation, so it's untested.

The download is no longer available as of August 9

OH said:
OK, evidently the i386 package of LibreOffice 3.4.4 is broken. I don't think they'll create a new one, as they're busy preparing 3.5.

I've made this one, maybe it can be of some use.
Code:
SIZE (libreoffice-3.4.5.tbz) = 118853665
MD5 (libreoffice-3.4.5.tbz) = 8a5d64dd32ce83f672346a2135963008

It was built in a i386 VirtualBox without an X installation, so it's untested.
Thanks for that ... we're probably going to revert to "legacy" but I'll give it a spin.

Back