I love freebsd

it have been 7 month when I first install freebsd , it is lovely and realy suite your need ,,,,I love it ;), thank you for opening this forum now we can share our Idean I have some experince in setup freebsd for desktop ( wirless ,auth ,xserver ) and I can help in adminstration section subversion apache and other issue ,, love you freebsd viva for freebsd

[font="Comic Sans MS"]Well, finally it happened![/font] :beergrin​

A lot of forums on the Internet that discuss FreeBSD, but [font="Tahoma"]OFFICIAL[/font] Forum of FreeBSD Project - that's realy cool!

My personal congratulations to all fans and developers of FreeBSD system with the event!

Congrats!

With FreeBSD for 6 years already. It was sometimes a real hard way to go searching the world for a solution to a problem, and for many it was the threshold that prevented using FreeBSD as main system. Now hopefully the number of grateful and devoted users will grow, because finally the great OS FreeBSD has got its own single place to share problems and get answers. We thank the developers for their grand job every day by using it :) and now we've got the possibility to thank them here.
Hold on guys!

Ever since 3.1 or 2, can't remember exactly anymore :D

And looking at the amount of postings in a short period a forum like this was much needed :)

Several years ago I read about all the available flavors of linux then discovered freebsd, built my first server with it and now its on my desktops. FreeBSD is awesome!

I always come back to FreeBSD since 2.4, and it
always works, running 7.0 on a Dell PIII 500 mhz
now and I never even think of it as an old machine.

My workstation :).

I doubt even Theo or Matt would put their dislike at that of the level of dislike for Linux. Linus hates all of Unix, particularly BSD of the specificity of the different BSD operating systems. He likes an all-inclusive system, but that doesn't seem to be working well.

ninjaslim said:
I doubt even Theo or Matt would put their dislike at that of the level of dislike for Linux. Linus hates all of Unix, particularly BSD of the specificity of the different BSD operating systems. He likes an all-inclusive system, but that doesn't seem to be working well.

let linus go on hating his BSD,BSD isn't dying for his hate

Hey, FreeBSD !

I LOVE FREEBSD ! ! !
I've never seen such a stable, reliable OS with such a flexible and configurable environment to meet all our servers needs: routing, NATing, firewalling, web/file/database/authorization servers etc...
VIVA FreeBSD !

Now, freebsd is my favorite desktop where i install openbox, virtualbox-ose+xp, roxterm, firefox, thunderbird.

Code:
>uname -a
FreeBSD mybsd.zsoft.com 8.0-RELEASE-p2 FreeBSD 8.0-RELEASE-p2 #9: Sat Mar 27 15:06:39 CST 2010     
[email]root@mybsd.zsoft.com[/email]:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/MYKERNEL  i386

Back