xscreensaver and fullscreen programs

Hello, daemons!

I finally manage to install FreeBSD on my desktop, with all nasty desktop things I need (flash, skype). All good, with one exception (it exists in everything X based I think) - not all fullscreen programs manage to inhibit the screensaver, and sometimes very annoyingly xscreensaver (what I use for screensaver) blanks the screen in the middle of some movie. I got enough anger and here's little patch in result of this. What the patch does is: when time to blank the screen comes it checks if there's any window with dimensions of the screen and if there is such window - disable blanking for one minute.

For the man patch remove the .txt extension(the forum attach functionality doesn't seem to like it otherwise :) ).

Cheers p.

P.S. It'll sound bit strange from me, but, for those of you interested in such a screensaver functionality: since this is my first post in the forum I'll suggest not to just apply the patch, but take a look at it yourself, or wait some more known to the community to say its safe (not malicious).

Attachments

• patch-driver_xscreensaver.c
    2.7 KB · Views: 225
  • patch-driver_xscreensaver.man.txt
    745 bytes · Views: 192
Trying to apply the patch on my Linux laptop found that locking become inconsistent. Updating the patch a bit.

Attachments

3.2 KB · Views: 206
Updating the patch for xscreensaver-5.15. Also adding checks to work properly on KDE4, GNOME2, and XFCE4.

Attachments

3.6 KB · Views: 195
  • patch-driver_xscreensaver.man.txt
    894 bytes · Views: 184
Seems the patch here is not with the latest one I have (fix the forgotten '==' bug which makes the last patch not workable - the screensaver behaviour is not changed). Attaching the latest patch version.

Attachments

3.6 KB · Views: 186
Back