PHP 5.3.2 (was: php 5.3.0)

Status
Not open for further replies.
He'll probably wait for the real upstream patch, but I don't see why he can't make a php5-testing port (even if he doesn't submit it in a PR and just gives it to us here, or something) and release that.. at least *something* until we get a 5.3 patch :(

And I think, that port maintainer, will stick to the 5.2 branch, until PHP dev's announce final release for 5.2 branch and continue to develop only 5.3.

Not what I was told when I emailed him a few months ago. He said we'd be at 5.3 in late August. He's already a month past what he said.

Hi

I saw that the suhosin patch and the mail header are available for 5.3, so I don't understand why the port maintainer doesn't update the port

Very strange ...

/Cheers

Bert

MissileSilo said:
Be patient. PHP 5.3.0 has only been out for 4 months.
Yes - therefore a port php5.3 is a good solution. PostgreSQL or other Databases has such ports. And PHP 5.3 has some Features which are very helpful. Otherwise i don't want to upgrade all my existing php 5.2 installations.

Greetings from Germany,
Thorny

amitabh said:
I am a little confused here. It seems to me that Suhosin patch version 0.9.8 is is out for PHP 5.3.0 and 5.3.1 RC1. [http://www.hardened-php.net/suhosin/download.html] . Doesn't seem to be in beta anymore. Can someone confirm if Suhosin patch for 5.3.0 has been relased for production use?

Thanks

Amitabh

Yes, it is out for production use.

The maintainer of PHP also mentioned on the mailing lists that PHP 5.3.0 is nearly ready. The only thing missing is the Zend Optimizer.

dennylin93 said:
Yes, it is out for production use.

The maintainer of PHP also mentioned on the mailing lists that PHP 5.3.0 is nearly ready. The only thing missing is the Zend Optimizer.

Great. Hopefully we will have the 5.3.x branch pretty soon then.

Hi all,

I had contact with the port maintainer and the only show stopper at the moment is Zend Optimizer.

Cheers

Bert

amorworx said:
Hi all,

I had contact with the port maintainer and the only show stopper at the moment is Zend Optimizer.

Cheers

Bert

Should this really be causing this much of a delay? Not sure of the significance of Zend Optimizer, but is it that popular that even creating a lang/php53 port would be an issue? I don't care if lang/php5 is updated but why can't he just make a lang/php53 port or similar. This seems like the most logical solution at this point.

Despite Alex Dupre (maintainer of PHP port) posting in the Zend forums, there has been no official response from Zend after the initial post specifying discontinuation of FreeBSD releases. Meanwhile, it seems that PHP would soon have 5.3.1 (RC4 is out on 12th Nov.).

Thorny said:
Today PHP 5.3.1 is released and there is no port till now :/

ffffffuuuuu.gif

I just received an answer from Alex (maintainer of PHP port) that he would be releasing the 5.3.x port without Zend optimizer, with 8.0 release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back