devel/cmake not building after upgrade to FreeBSD 10

Hello.

I have a problem after upgrade to FreeBSD 10 from 9.2.

portmaster -afd is failing on rebuilding of devel/cmake:
Code:
[ 81%] Building CXX object Source/CMakeFiles/CMakeLib.dir/cmNinjaNormalTargetGenerator.cxx.o
[ 81%] Building CXX object Source/CMakeFiles/CMakeLib.dir/cmNinjaUtilityTargetGenerator.cxx.o
Linking CXX static library libCMakeLib.a
[ 81%] Built target CMakeLib
Scanning dependencies of target cmake
make[3]: make[3]: don't know how to make /usr/lib/libmd.so. Stop

make[3]: stopped in /var/ports/basejail/usr/ports/devel/cmake/work/cmake-2.8.12.1
--- Source/CMakeFiles/cmake.dir/all ---
*** [Source/CMakeFiles/cmake.dir/all] Error code 2

make[2]: stopped in /var/ports/basejail/usr/ports/devel/cmake/work/cmake-2.8.12.1
Scanning dependencies of target ccmake
A failure has been detected in another branch of the parallel make

make[3]: stopped in /var/ports/basejail/usr/ports/devel/cmake/work/cmake-2.8.12.1
--- Source/CMakeFiles/ccmake.dir/all ---
*** [Source/CMakeFiles/ccmake.dir/all] Error code 2

make[2]: stopped in /var/ports/basejail/usr/ports/devel/cmake/work/cmake-2.8.12.1
Scanning dependencies of target CPackLib

--- Source/CMakeFiles/CPackLib.dir/all ---
*** [Source/CMakeFiles/CPackLib.dir/all] Error code 2

Scanning dependencies of target CTestLib

--- Source/CMakeFiles/CTestLib.dir/all ---
*** [Source/CMakeFiles/CTestLib.dir/all] Error code 2

4 errors

--- all ---
*** [all] Error code 2

make[1]: stopped in /var/ports/basejail/usr/ports/devel/cmake/work/cmake-2.8.12.1
1 error

make[1]: stopped in /var/ports/basejail/usr/ports/devel/cmake/work/cmake-2.8.12.1
===> Compilation failed unexpectedly.
Try to set MAKE_JOBS_UNSAFE=yes and rebuild before reporting the failure to
the maintainer.
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make: stopped in /basejail/usr/ports/devel/cmake

My /etc/make.conf:
Code:
WRKDIRPREFIX=           /var/ports
DISTDIR=                /var/ports/distfiles
PACKAGES=               /var/ports/packages
INDEXDIR=               /var/ports
WITH_PKGNG=yes
WITHOUT_X11=yes

Without cmake I can't recompile php55-gd.

Any ideas?

Did you do another freebsd-update install after rebooting into 10.0? I have a feeling /usr/lib/libmd.so is still soft-linked to /lib/libmd.so.5 instead of .6.

dpejesh said:
Did you do another freebsd-update install after rebooting into 10.0? I have a feeling /usr/lib/libmd.so is still soft-linked to /lib/libmd.so.5 instead of .6.
Yes, I do. But thank you for the suggestion. Basejail has three broken links. One of them is the file from the error above. Is copying from the base system enough to fix them? How can they become broken? Maybe some daemons locked them somehow?

dpejesh said:
Copying files around isn't going to fix the root cause. How did you attempt to upgrade your jail?
With ezjail-admin as always....
ezjail-admin -U -s 10.0-RELEASE It runs freebsd-update several times until it says there is nothing more to do.

edit: wrong command

For some reason freebsd-update doesn't update those 3 files when run with the -b option (which is how ezjail handles updates). I've been trying to track this down but I'm not quite sure what the exact problem is. I've created two separate jails and updated them in the following ways.

Code:
mkdir /tmp/jail
tar -C /tmp/jail -Jxf /root/9.2-RELEASE/base.txz
env UNAME_r=9.2-RELEASE PAGER=cat freebsd-update -b /tmp/jail fetch install
env UNAME_r=9.2-RELEASE PAGER=cat freebsd-update -b /tmp/jail -r 10.0-RELEASE upgrade install
freebsd-update -b /tmp/jail install
freebsd-update -b /tmp/jail install

Code:
mkdir /tmp/jail2
tar -C /tmp/jail2 -Jxf /root/9.2-RELEASE/base.txz
cp /etc/resolv.conf /tmp/jail2/etc/resolv.conf
chroot /tmp/jail2 env UNAME_r=9.2-RELEASE PAGER=cat freebsd-update fetch install
chroot /tmp/jail2 env UNAME_r=9.2-RELEASE PAGER=cat freebsd-update -r 10.0-RELEASE upgrade install
chroot /tmp/jail2 freebsd-update install
chroot /tmp/jail2 freebsd-update install

When comparing an mtree between the two I'm seeing.
Code:
usr/lib/libmd.so: 
        link ref (/lib/libmd.so.5, /lib/libmd.so.6)
usr/lib/libkvm.so: 
        link ref (/lib/libkvm.so.5, /lib/libkvm.so.6)
usr/lib/libcrypto.so: 
        link ref (/lib/libcrypto.so.6, /lib/libcrypto.so.7)
Everything else gets upgraded properly. I'm stumped at the moment as to what's going on with those 3 soft-links. Anybody got any ideas? I have a feeling freebsd-update is checking the host system somewhere instead of the jail and flags those files as not needing to be updated.

For myself, I manually fixed these links to proper the locations. Should I change the topic subject to reflect the actual problem?

Back