Eclipse on FreeBSD?

I've been trying to get Eclipse-CDT working on FreeBSD. After finally getting it built, when I go to run it, it crashes. I get this error at the command line:

Code:
/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: /usr/local/eclipse/configuration/org.eclipse.osgi/bundles/80/1/.cp/libswt-mozilla-gtk-3349.so: Undefined symbol "NS_StringContainerInit2"

Anyone have an idea on how to resolve this?

From googling around, it seems to be an issue with having Firefox3 installed (which I do) and you need Firefox2. I uninstalled FF3, but does anyone know where I can get FF2 for FreeBSD? I can't seem to find anyone that has it.

homer_3 said:
I've been trying to get Eclipse-CDT working on FreeBSD. After finally getting it built, when I go to run it, it crashes. I get this error at the command line:

/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: /usr/local/eclipse/configuration/org.eclipse.osgi/bundles/80/1/.cp/libswt-mozilla-gtk-3349.so: Undefined symbol "NS_StringContainerInit2"

Anyone have an idea on how to resolve this?

Houston.. Com-check..

Err.. How did you install eclipse? To the best of my knowledge /usr/local/eclipse isn't correct. Did you use the java/eclipse-cdt port?

I can't remember where I got the install from. It wasn't /usr/local/eclipse though. I'll try out one of the FreshPorts versions.

Back