Xsane don't see LAN scanner

Ok. I have an Hp officejet 4500 Series which is all in one printer (printer-scanner, fax etc) I have not installed print/hplip. I use print/cups to print over network and works great without any problems. Now I need to use scanner for some scanning process. Never used scanner and It's the first time. I installed graphics/xsane via ports but xsane don't see any device. How to configure xsane to see the all in one printer via network?

I show the HCL but I thought if on non listed devices could work with some generic procedure. To explain what I mean. On print/cups I use a ppd file of an Inject printer (There is no module for the specific printer) but still my printer works with generic options about fast draft, resolution dpi etc. Well maybe I don't take the 100% of printer's possibilities but still is a workable printer who do his job. Also on PCBSD with xsane, the scanner worked. So it might be configuration problem

No, SANE supports network scanners. But I've never tried one. I'd look at the config files on PCBSD to see what they do.

Angie liked Elementary OS so I kept that. Is any tutorial to see how to set it on xsane? Also I like a lot Simple-Scan but there isn't on ports :(

Οk. Install completed. print/hplip recognized my hp machine just fine. Into hplip options I have scanning option which opens xsane (which crash with core dump and I am trying to fix it now). Also add my printer on print/cups too :)
The only bad I see is that has a lot of dependencies :(

Ok. Here we are. I have a problem. I cannot say if that worked because xsane crashes! I get core dump. I know that net/avahi crashes graphics/xsane but is disabled on flags an compiled it without avahi support.
System is up to date, ports too. I have rebuild all my ports too and still crashes. Any idea why crashes? If will not work, I can't tell if xsane finally see my scanner over network.

for xsane, have you tried like this: xsane driver:net:<ip address> ?
For my Epson I tried:
xsane epson2:net:10.1.161.8 but for some reason it didn't work (I can't remember why now, this was a long time ago).
Now I am using gscan2pdf instead:
gscan2pdf --device epson2:net:10.1.161.8
which works nicely. In theory, zeroconf / avahi should make the SANE programs capable of detecting the scanner on the network (it works on Linux), but I have never managed that on FreeBSD.

Back