update fails: /usr/bin/strip "no such file"

Hello all,

Each time I run ports/portupgrade on my FreeBSD 10-RELEASE server, three packages fail with a similar error involving the strip command. For example:
Code:
[...]
install  -o root -g wheel -m 444 /usr/ports/graphics/lcms2/work/lcms2-2.6/doc/*.pdf /usr/ports/graphics/lcms2/work/stage/usr/local/share/doc/lcms2/
/usr/bin/strip /usr/ports/graphics/lcms2/work/stage/usr/local/lib/liblcms2.so.2.0.6
/usr/bin/strip: '/usr/ports/graphics/lcms2/work/stage/usr/local/lib/liblcms2.so.2.0.6': No such file
*** [post-install] Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/graphics/lcms2.
*** [install] Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/graphics/lcms2.
*** [reinstall] Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/graphics/lcms2

Google doesn't help much. There is this post from a FreeBSD list: ports/186428: databases/ruby-bdb fails to build but it only reports the bug.

Any ideas what is going on here?

Thanks

I'm not running 10. But often, it's possible to overcome this problem by issuing -DNO_STAGE during make. In your case, you might try
Code:
# cd /usr/ports/graphics/lcms2/
# make -DNO_STAGE
when it finishes
# make -DNO_STAGE install clean
Then see if portupgrade doesn't work better for you. This seems really a port issue. Not all ports build as expected, "out of the box". So I wouldn't make a habit out of doing it this way. If graphics/lcms2 does build/install correctly using the method I mentioned. You should probably send a pr(). So that the author/maintainer of that port can know to fix it.

--Chris

Back