installworld error at btxld /...../boot2/....

make installworld stopped as follows. (normally finished buildworld, buildkernel, installkernel, and mergemaster -p)

Would you please help me?

SOURCE: svn revision(stable/10):264206 - 264217.

Code:
btxld -v -E 0x2000 -f bin -b /usr/obj/usr/src/sys/boot/i386/boot2/../btx/btx/btx -l boot2.ldr  -o boot2.ld -P 1 boot2.bin
make[7]: exec(btxld) failed (No such file or directory)
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make[7]: stopped in /usr/src/sys/boot/i386/boot2
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make[6]: stopped in /usr/src/sys/boot/i386
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make[5]: stopped in /usr/src/sys/boot
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make[4]: stopped in /usr/src/sys
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make[3]: stopped in /usr/src
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make[2]: stopped in /usr/src
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make[1]: stopped in /usr/src
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make: stopped in /usr/src

I'm sorry for your time, but I could finish the install-world successfully.
I think probably the cause of the error was time(9 hours late) setting by "date" after updating svn.
Therefore it seemed that some updated files were mis-compilated and then <boot2.bin> related files might had not been made correct.
Actually, revision 264220(svn stable/10 same revision of 264217) was installed with no problem. :O

No worries.
The correct way to overcome the issue you ran into, is when you boot into single-user, just prior to performing mergemaster(8), and make installworld. Is as follows (complete proceedure)
Code:
mount -u /
mount -a -t ufs
adjkerntz -i
mergemaster -p
make installworld
Please note: adjkerntz -i. This is why you ran into the trouble that you did. If you had issued that command prior to mergemaster(8), and make installworld. You would have been fine. Further details on this can be found in /usr/src/UPDATING, and the FreeBSD handbook. :)

--Chris

I always run adjkerntz -i as the first command in single user mode to make sure that all the access timestamps (if any) on the root filesystem are correct.

Back