METIN-2 / METIN2 and other illegal software- don't ask for assistance on these forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.
/etc Moved! Please respond

So hello guys. I am new in this forum and i need your help soo much!
So i have a Metin2 Server [freebsd 8.2]. The point is that when i tryed to do something i accidentaly moved /etc to /etc/etc and now i cant do nothing.
This is what i receive when i try to open my server:

qv7Be.png

when i type " ufs:ad0s1a" this happens:

p1tAc.png

Welp, if i type enter i can use commands. As long as i want to moves the files from /etc/etc to /etc:

5CRsd.png

cd /etc
ls

qYX2c.png

----------------------------------------------------

cd /etc/etc
ls

K8m2b.png

------------------------------------------------------

The only thing that i have from the FreeBSD files is vdi. Uhm, all i want to do is to take my things from FTP. Some quests i mean on [/home/game/share/locale/germany]. I dont care if FreeBSD will not work probably as long as i can install them again. Thanks for your time and sorry for my bad english

FLOOD on port 3306

Hello friends !
I'm sorry for my noob language level.

Someone is flooding my VDS [ 2 GB RAM] on port 3306.
I did not want change it because website didn't connect with IP:newport [tested] and cand be easy finded with port scanner.
I want a method for full protection on a VDS.
Thanks so much.

Re: FLOOD on port 3306

Sorry, i want a firewall not make ad. for this game.

Re: FLOOD on port 3306

I only responded to your original post to set your level of expectations: you should not expect help on this forum for issues related to METIN2 servers, including firewalls. Editing your original post to remove the reference to "METIN2" does not change anything, especially in light of your rather obvious account name.

Firewall for Mysql Port

Hy, i have a virtual server where i'm hosting my website & forum database.
Somebody blocking that VDS flooding port 3306 [tested, when i close it server working normally].
I changed the port but him easy finded it.
I tried some ipfw.rules/pf.conf but without succes.
I have FreeBSD 10.0 32 Bits.
Thanks so much

Re: Firewall for Mysql Port

qualityhost said:
Hy, i have a virtual server where i'm hosting my website & forum database.
You neglected to mention it also hosts your METIN2 server, but I'm sure that was intentional, since it's what got you clobbered yesterday.

This is the same problem as your first post as @Metin2HFM (created yesterday), now disguised as your first post as new user @qualityhost (created today).

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: METIN-2 / METIN2 and other illegal software- don't ask f

Bye bye, again.

Hello all.

I've deleted the file /var/db/mysql yesterday 28/12/2014, and I want to restore it. Is there a direct way to bring it back? For a way backup copy or any other way?

I apologize because I could not reach a solution because I speak Arabic.

Did you explicitly make a backup or take a snapshot? If yes, then why can't you just copy it back from the backup or snapshot? If not, you're out of luck.

Indeed. If you haven't made a backup yourself the directory and its contents are gone.

I've made backup. How to retrieve it from two weeks ago?
This command was used:
cd /usr/home/game && sh backup.sh

Thank you for your help.

That's impossible for us to say because we don't know what backup.sh exactly does. If that file isn't too large you could paste it here so we can take a look at it, but no guarantees of course.

There's no indication this is a ZFS filesytem. But then again, UFS doesn't have it either ;)

There's no indication this is a ZFS filesytem. But then again, UFS doesn't have it either ;)
Just teasing, just teasing :) I learned about lack of ZFS history few years back from you :). HAMMER has serious limitations too. There is a reason Matt start writing HAMMER 2. However, this is just a brilliant example where HAMMER really outperforms anything in existence so I could not resist posting it.

Happy New Year Sir!!! :)

Indeed. If you haven't made a backup yourself the directory and its contents are gone.

Not quite true.

What rm(1) does, is *unlink* the file with the unlink(2) system call.

The unlink() system call removes the link named by path from its directory
and decrements the link count of the file which was referenced by the link.
If that decrement reduces the link count of the file to zero, and no
process has the file open, then all resources associated with the file are
reclaimed.

"all resources associated with the file are reclaimed." effectively means that the entry is removed from the superblock, which means that the data is considered to be "free", *but the bits are still on the disk*!

So, if you've just deleted a file, the data is usually still on the disk; we can demonstrate this like so:

Code:
#!/bin/sh

# Create a memory filesystem of 20MB
mem=/dev/$(mdconfig -t malloc -s 20M)
newfs $mem > /dev/null

# Mount it to ~/mem-dev
mkdir -p ~/mem-dev
mount $mem ~/mem-dev

# Make a test file, and remove it; we need to sync calls since data is not necessarily written immediately due to write cache
echo %%% UNLINK-ME %%% > ~/mem-dev/test && sync && sync
rm ~/mem-dev/test && sync && sync

# Now search for the string on the raw disk device (which should succeed).
strings $mem | grep '%%% UNLINK-ME %%%'

echo
echo Note: NO cleanup done, so you can inspect the state yourself. To cleanup, use:
echo umount ~/mem-dev
echo mdconfig -du $mem

This script should find the %%% UNLINK-ME %%% string still on the disk, even though we already deleted the file.

The problem is, if we start writing to this filesystem, you run the risk of overwriting these free blocks with something else. **SO DON'T WRITE TO THIS FILESYSTEM**; writing to a different filesystem on same disk should be fine in the case of UFS, but I'm not sure if this is also the case with ZFS.

If you've stopped the machine quickly enough, there are a few recovery options available

1. You can use photorec, this is a free tool, and scans the disk for file signatures, for example, every JPEG files starts with the same header pattern; photorec looks for these patterns, and attempts to recover files this way. This works quite well for non-fragmented data; sometimes files aren't written to the disk in continues blocks, and photorec doesn't read the superblock. Usually filesytems try to write data in continues blocks if possible, but this is not *necessarily* the case, especially when your disk is almost full, or when a file "grows" over time, which is typically the case with a MySQL database. (this is why UFS reserves 8% of the diskspace by the way). So you could try using photorec, but I don't think it will work well in this case.

2. A second option is to see if we can recover the file from the superblock; the superblock is basically just a table which describes which blocks belongs to which files. If you remove an entry, this space is not immediatley reclaimed, rather, just like with files it is marked as "free" space. So you could recover data from the superblock.
To the best of my knowledge, there is no free or open source software to do this. I point you to the internet (UFS data recovery, ZFS data recovery), and cannot make specific recommendations...

Not quite true.

What rm(1) does, is *unlink* the file with the unlink(2) system call.
You are 100% and we should have approached his question more seriously but it was all too easy to poke fun of his mischief. While I have some relatively recent experience recovering files from NTFS I have little experience recovering files from UFS but I know that is possible as long as you don't overwrite anything. With ZFS situation is even more tricky as I learn trying to destroy some data in our lab. Due to possible multiple blocks of the same data even overwriting a file with pseudo-random number multiple times doesn't guarantee that the file is truly erased as there might be multiple blocks of the same data. We are not helping him here but it is definitely interesting topic.

You are 100% and we should have approached his question more seriously but it was all too easy to poke fun of his mischief.
Both correct but I wasn't really poking at anything. Although it's true the file is never really gone it's certainly no guarantee you can get anything back. Even with forensic tools it's tricky to restore deleted files.

With ZFS situation is even more tricky as I learn trying to destroy some data in our lab. Due to possible multiple blocks of the same data even overwriting a file with pseudo-random number multiple times doesn't guarantee that the file is truly erased as there might be multiple blocks of the same data.
Multiple blocks of data aren't even the biggest problem. ZFS is a copy-on-write filesystem so you're never actually overwriting the old file's data.
We are not helping him here but it is definitely interesting topic.
Indeed.

Did not understand anything because of the language and translation of Google and I thank you all for help.
This is the content of a file backup.sh:
Code:
#!/bin/sh
echo "Delete logs Server..."
rm -f */*/syserr && rm -f */*/syslog && rm -f */*/stdout && rm -f */*/PTS && rm -f */*/p2p_packet_info.txt && rm -f */*/packet_info.txt && rm -f */*/game.core && rm -f */*/quest_mysql.core && rm -rf */*/log/*
echo "Delete logs Server :)"
cd /usr/home/game/share/data/DTA/backups
mkdir `date +%d.%m.%Y_%H.%m`
cd `date +%d.%m.%Y_%H.%m`
sleep 2
tar cfzv game.tar.gz /usr/home/game
sleep 2
tar cfzv mysql.tar.gz /var/db/mysql
sleep 2
echo "www.starsmt2.com :)"
echo "Back up :)"

Hi, does anyone know how can I configure FreeBSD system can assign to a domain?

Example...I installed these on my web server:
- Apache24.
- PHP 5.6.
- MySQL56.
- phpMyAdmin.
- Varnish cache accelerator.
- IPFW
- mod_antiloris
- mod_secutity
etc.

Now you need to associate a domain to this webserver FreeBSD, how can I do that?

How to configure bind99?

I installed bind99 with this :
pkg install bind99

So I want to associate a domain to that webserver.

For example, when you type in Internet Explorer: www.abcdef.com I show my web server at that.

Domain: www.abcdef.com
In choosing a domain, I have these options: http://prntscr.com/6dfg98

So, I want to create two nameservers, for this domain.

Thanks all.

The question is unclear. "Associate a domain" does not describe the problem, or why you think BIND is involved, or what a "four nameserver" or a "two nameserver" are. This could be a virtual domain for the webserver, or could involve buying a domain name from a DNS registrar. Please assume the reader knows nothing about your situation and ask the question in more detail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back