FreeBSD Wallpapers

gnoma said:
OoOoKaY and this X and WM... can I find them in the port collection???

From where you installed your Freebsd ? x,and wm are on dvd or cd ,or you can get them from the ports ,check the ports on freebsd.org or check fresh ports website for mor details ,and read the handbook ...
why using a walpaper on a terminal ? and why making walpapers for any wm ,any colour as a backround or a walpaper will be nice for me .

A Huge Update to my FreeBSD Wallpapers site!

OK fellow BSD'ers, I have uploaded a lot of pics to my FreeBSD wallpaper site. The total is now up to 154! BTW, I also would like to publicly thank Sk8harddiefast for helping me in acquiring the pics to add to my album.

UPDATE: Picasa is deleting some of my FreeBSD wallpaper

OK Guys, Picasa has deleted a lot of my wallpapers! I am going to need some help again. I do have backups but it will be later next week to get to them. The wife broke has broken ankle and leg. If you find any wallpapers I don't have please PM or email them to me.

BTW, I wanted to ask the group a question. Would it be better to move the site to deviantART?

Thanks Alie, I've up'ed these also to my wallpaper site.

I also want to thank all the forum members for helping me with this project!

OK Guys and Gals, I have moved my FreeBSD Wallpaper site from my Picasa Web Site to another site. It's new location is at FreeBSD Wallpaper. I am also going to use my My Opera Blog as my personal site and stop using Google Sites. I still need to update a few other places about the switch but I wanted to post it here first!

vermaden said:
In today times wallpaper with resolution of 1024x768 is useless ;)

Although without GEM/KMS, this size wallpaper is perfect for the newer "vesa powered" graphics hardware :p

To be safe, perhaps a 3000x3000 sized wallpaper is ideal. Then others can just crop and resize it to suit their novelty shaped screen ;)

Ok, from now onward i will share .xcf file instead of JPEG/PNG so all of us can resize to suit our needs.

kpedersen said:
To be safe, perhaps a 3000x3000 sized wallpaper is ideal. Then others can just crop and resize it to suit their novelty shaped screen ;)

No, because it has aspect ratio of 1:1, I doubt you'll ever see such monitors

alie said:
Thanks and its a good point, any recommended size anyway ?

Sure, 2560 x 1600 or at least 1920 x 1080/1200, its pointless to create 'all rainbow' of lower resolutions since BIG resolution can be scaled down to the smaller one, but the smaller one can not be rescaled to bigger one, since it would not look good in any way, so its best to provide wallpaper in one biggest possible size.

Back