Motherboard with onboard Intel NIC

Can someone suggest a motherboard with an onboard Intel NIC (maybe even two) possibly with a built-in CPU? I was looking at a Gigabyte GA-C1037UN but that seems to have a Realtek NIC. Also it would be nice if it had a Wi-Fi chip.

I'm hoping to set up a small, multiple purpose server as an Internet gateway for my LAN with HTTP, DHCP, Squid etc.

Any suggestions are welcome.

I have a Foxconn mini ITX mobo motherboard (second generation i3 processor) on this machine running PC-BSD, which I think has an Intel NIC (I use Wi-Fi). I fitted a TP-Link 150 Mbps Wireless N PCI Express Adapter (model no. TL-WN781ND) & and it worked straight off. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the suggestion, but I couldn't work out which MB motherboard you were referring to. Maybe this one? Foxconn H61S LGA1155 / Intel H61 / DDR3 / A&GbE / Mini-ITX motherboard.

Sorry, mine was a dealer/manufacturer built machine (Novatech), so, other than pulling it apart, I don't know anything more about the mobo motherboard itself. It is about two years old.

Thanks for the suggestion. It looks OK although I can't find out if it will fit in a mini-ITX case such as a 'Powercool K3i Mini-ITX'.

The SuperMicro board is described as having a Micro-ITX form factor (6.70" x 6.70").

It says "Mini-ITX" on that link. There is a -L version of that board which comes with only two SATA ports but is cheaper. Looks like a nice little board.

I have a couple of SuperMicro SYS-5015A-EHF-D525 1U Intel Atom D525 Dual Gigabit LAN used for firewall, OpenVPN and LDAP servers for the network of about 80 computers and over 60 users. Works like a charm.

User23 said:
I don't know how much CPU power you need. Maybe this could fit your needs:

http://www.supermicro.com/products/moth ... X10SBA.cfm

Dual Intel I210-AT Gigabit Ethernet LAN ports
1x mini-PCIe slot (for the WLAN card you like)

I have now ordered such a board but am unsure about what sort of memory to get...

The spec mentions

1333MHz DDR3L Non-ECC SO-DIMM

but wherever I look (Ebay, Amazon, etc) I find this described as laptop memory!!

Can someone tell me if this is what I should order?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Kingston-1333MHz-Non-ECC-SODIMM-Memory/dp/B002XN3OL4

Back