make buildworld failing

make buildworld is failing with

Code:
/usr/src/secure/lib/libcrypto/../../../crypto/openssl/crypto/bn/bn_lib.c:887:6: error: redefinition of 'BN_consttime_swap'
and
Code:
/usr/src/secure/lib/libcrypto/../../../crypto/openssl/crypto/bn/bn_lib.c:835:6: note: previous definition is here

I can set
Code:
MAKE_JOBS_NUMBER=1
but that'll take all night, so I figured, I would ask first.

Thanks,

long
Code:
2 -DAES_ASM -DBSAES_ASM -DVPAES_ASM -DOPENSSL_BN_ASM_MONT -DOPENSSL_BN_ASM_MONT5 -DOPENSSL_BN_ASM_GF2m -DMD5_ASM -DGHASH_ASM -DSHA1_ASM -DSHA256_ASM -DSHA512_ASM -DWHIRLPOOL_ASM -I/usr/src/secure/lib/libcrypto/../../../crypto/openssl/crypto/asn1 -I/usr/src/secure/lib/libcrypto/../../../crypto/openssl/crypto/evp -I/usr/src/secure/lib/libcrypto/../../../crypto/openssl/crypto/modes -std=gnu89 -Qunused-arguments -fstack-protector -Wno-pointer-sign -Wno-empty-body -Wno-string-plus-int -Wno-tautological-compare -Wno-unused-value -Wno-parentheses-equality -Wno-unused-function -Wno-conversion -Wno-switch -Wno-switch-enum -Wno-knr-promoted-parameter -Wno-parentheses -c /usr/src/secure/lib/libcrypto/../../../crypto/openssl/crypto/bn/bn_kron.c -o bn_kron.o
cc   -O2 -pipe  -DTERMIOS -DANSI_SOURCE -I/usr/src/secure/lib/libcrypto/../../../crypto/openssl -I/usr/src/secure/lib/libcrypto/../../../crypto/openssl/crypto -I/usr/obj/usr/src/secure/lib/libcrypto -DOPENSSL_THREADS -DDSO_DLFCN -DHAVE_DLFCN_H -DL_ENDIAN -DOPENSSL_IA32_SSE2 -DAES_ASM -DBSAES_ASM -DVPAES_ASM -DOPENSSL_BN_ASM_MONT -DOPENSSL_BN_ASM_MONT5 -DOPENSSL_BN_ASM_GF2m -DMD5_ASM -DGHASH_ASM -DSHA1_ASM -DSHA256_ASM -DSHA512_ASM -DWHIRLPOOL_ASM -I/usr/src/secure/lib/libcrypto/../../../crypto/openssl/crypto/asn1 -I/usr/src/secure/lib/libcrypto/../../../crypto/openssl/crypto/evp -I/usr/src/secure/lib/libcrypto/../../../crypto/openssl/crypto/modes -std=gnu89 -Qunused-arguments -fstack-protector -Wno-pointer-sign -Wno-empty-body -Wno-string-plus-int -Wno-tautological-compare -Wno-unused-value -Wno-parentheses-equality -Wno-unused-function -Wno-conversion -Wno-switch -Wno-switch-enum -Wno-knr-promoted-parameter -Wno-parentheses -c /usr/src/secure/lib/libcrypto/../../../crypto/openssl/crypto/bn/bn_lib.c -o bn_lib.o
/usr/src/secure/lib/libcrypto/../../../crypto/openssl/crypto/bn/bn_lib.c:887:6: error: redefinition of 'BN_consttime_swap'
void BN_consttime_swap(BN_ULONG condition, BIGNUM *a, BIGNUM *b, int nwords)
     ^
/usr/src/secure/lib/libcrypto/../../../crypto/openssl/crypto/bn/bn_lib.c:835:6: note: previous definition is here
     ^
1 error generated.
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make[4]: stopped in /usr/src/secure/lib/libcrypto
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make[3]: stopped in /usr/src
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make[2]: stopped in /usr/src
*** Error code 1

/usr/src/secure/lib/libcrypto/../../../crypto/openssl/crypto/bn/bn_lib.c:887:6: error: redefinition of 'BN_consttime_swap':q
Stop.
make[1]: stopped in /usr/src
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make: stopped in /usr/src

Ok, it didn't take as long as I thought but it didn't make any difference. Any ideas?

Code:
2 -DAES_ASM -DBSAES_ASM -DVPAES_ASM -DOPENSSL_BN_ASM_MONT -DOPENSSL_BN_ASM_MONT5 -DOPENSSL_BN_ASM_GF2m -DMD5_ASM -DGHASH_ASM -DSHA1_ASM -DSHA256_ASM -DSHA512_ASM -DWHIRLPOOL_ASM -I/usr/src/secure/lib/libcrypto/../../../crypto/openssl/crypto/asn1 -I/usr/src/secure/lib/libcr
ypto/../../../crypto/openssl/crypto/evp -I/usr/src/secure/lib/libcrypto/../../../crypto/openssl/crypto/modes -std=gnu89 -Qunused-arguments -fstack-protector -Wno-pointer-sign -Wno-empty-body -Wno-string-plus-int -Wno-tautological-compare -Wno-unused-value -Wno-parentheses-
equality -Wno-unused-function -Wno-conversion -Wno-switch -Wno-switch-enum -Wno-knr-promoted-parameter -Wno-parentheses -c /usr/src/secure/lib/libcrypto/../../../crypto/openssl/crypto/bn/bn_lib.c -o bn_lib.o
     ^
     ^
1 error generated.
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make[4]: stopped in /usr/src/secure/lib/libcrypto
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make[3]: stopped in /usr/src
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make[2]: stopped in /usr/src
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make[1]: stopped in /usr/src
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make: stopped in /usr/src

What version of FreeBSD are you trying to build? Did you delete /usr/src before checking out the source? What was the command you executed to checkout the source? Provide the output of svnlite info /usr/src.

I didn't check out a new version before those attempts. I have now and I'm trying again. I'll post all the info you want if it fails.

Thanks,

I used

Code:
svn checkout https://svn0.us-west.FreeBSD.org/base/release/10.0.0 /usr/src

and it worked this time.

I'll move on in creating the jail (my intent). Let me know if that's the wrong source code.

Either way,

Thanks for everyone's help

doc1623 said:
make buildworld is failing with

Code:
and

I can set MAKE_JOBS_NUMBER=1 but that'll take all night, so I figured, I would ask first.

MAKE_JOBS_NUMBER is only for ports. For source, use the -j option:
make -j8 buildworld

doc1623 said:
I used

Code:
svn checkout https://svn0.us-west.FreeBSD.org/base/release/10.0.0 /usr/src

and it worked this time.

I'll move on in creating the jail (my intent). Let me know if that's the wrong source code.

Either way,

Thanks for everyone's help

That's not the correct branch for 10.0-RELEASE, use https://svn0.us-west.FreeBSD.org/base/releng/10.0 instead. What you now have is 10.0-RELEASE without any security or errata updates that have been issued after the initial release of 10.0.

wblock said:
MAKE_JOBS_NUMBER is only for ports. For source, use the -j option:
make -j8 buildworld

Thanks @wblock@ nice to know.

kpa said:
That's not the correct branch for 10.0-RELEASE, use https://svn0.us-west.FreeBSD.org/base/releng/10.0 instead. What you now have is 10.0-RELEASE without any security or errata updates that have been issued after the initial release of 10.0.

Thanks @kpa, I do get confused with the different directories.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back