Experience of running FreeBSD on the new X1 Carbon

I am seriously considering investing in the new X1 Carbon (released a few weeks ago), and wanted to check if anyone experienced any major problems running FreeBSD on it.

Googling a bit I could see that the 2012 X1 Carbon seems to run OK with FreeBSD (except for a few suspend/resume issues), but so far no info on the web (as far as I can tell) of running FreeBSD on the 2014 model.

The 2014 Thinkpad X1 Carbon is a Haswell ultrabook. Support for the Haswell graphics is not available yet, although there is work on it.

Thanks for the info, maybe a silly question,but does this imply that I won't be able to make the most of the graphics power on X1, or is it a complete deal-breaker?

Second question, where can I follow for any updates on Haswell support (is there a ticket I can look-up)? I tried googling but can't seem to find a main page.

Great thanks for the links. How long does it usually take for a GPU driver to be implemented?

I can hold off buying the X1 for a few months until it is implemented, but if it is unrealistic to expect it would be implemented anytime soon I will start considering other ultrabooks.

Back