Chromium

The remove-cache I run after using chrome actually stops it rather than exiting chrome
Code:
 /bin/rm -v /root/.cache/chromium/Cache/*
pkill chrome
(I clean cache after using any browser that saves it.)

DutchDaemon said:
The .tbz is a package, the one from the site was a 'build' (a self-contained directory with executable):

Code:
-rwxr-xr-x chrome
-rwxr-xr-x chrome-wrapper
-rw-r--r-- chrome.1
-rw-r--r-- chrome.pak
drwx------ extensions
drwxr-xr-x locales
-rwxr-xr-x mksnapshot
-rw-r--r-- product_logo_48.png
-rwxr-xr-x protoc
drwxr-xr-x resources
-rw-r--r-- resources.pak
-rwxr-xr-x xdg-settings

I downloaded one of these clang builds, but I don't see any documentation for how to install and run it in the .rar or on the maintainer's website. What is the procedure for doing this? (I've installed the dependencies he lists on his site such as nss, gtk, alsa-plugins, etc..)

If it looks like the build I mentioned in the post you quote, just dump it in a directory (like a directory chrome-clang under your home directory) and simply run the chrome command from it ;)

DutchDaemon said:
If it looks like the build I mentioned in the post you quote, just dump it in a directory (like a directory chrome-clang under your home directory) and simply run the chrome command from it ;)

Here's what was wrong: I extracted it directly into my home directory, which is not one of the PATH directories. I fixed it by changing the name 'chromium-clang' to 'bin' and now it runs.

Now I'm having a problem with Google.com crashing in chromium. When I begin to type some text into the search field, it crashes with the "Aw Snap! Something went wrong while displaying this webpage" message.

When I launch chromium from the shell, it gives me this output:

Code:
$ chrome
[1116/041444:WARNING:base/debug_util_posix.cc(232)] Don't know how to do this
[24611:55543552:4654716116:ERROR:chrome/browser/user_style_sheet_watcher.cc(152)] Failed to setup watch for /home/raid/.config/chromium/Default/User StyleSheets/Custom.css

Back