Burning on DVD

Hey there..
I'm on FreeBSD 8.. when i insert a blank dvd it mounts ok and shown to the desktop.. when i drag something and select "Write to Disk" brasero disc burning setup opens up and it has only the option of creating an image.. and "please insert a recordable cd/dvd ......."

Whats the matter with it ? :S

thx in advance..

i tried atapicam_load="YES" in /boot/loader.conf but still have same problem...

i don't really know how to burn with command line utils.. could u give me some help on how to do it ?

Code:
[root@dhcppc2 /usr/home/skmpz]# camcontrol devlist
<Optiarc DVD RW AD-7200S 1.06>     at scbus0 target 1 lun 0 (pass0,cd0)

FBSDin20Steps said:
I don't know why Gnome supports brasero because it is as buggy as hell. A much better alternative is "sysutils/xfburn".
So far I haven't had any issues with Brasero, until I hit FreeBSD, and then they weren't Brasero's fault.

I had a bit of a battle getting DVDs burned, using anything, cdburn, k3b, brasero, etc. Sir Dice's link proved to be key. In particular, I had to add the following to /boot/loader.conf:
Code:
atapicam_load="YES"

The permissions in /etc/devfs.conf as per the previous post also were necessary. Hope this helps someone.

FBSDin20Steps said:
I don't know why Gnome supports brasero because it is as buggy as hell. A much better alternative is "sysutils/xfburn".

Works perfect for me. I had issues with brasero.

Back