Why DOOM instead of FREEDOOM?

wblock@ said:
Consider also becoming the maintainer for games/prboom, which currently does not have one. It could depend on the games/doom-freedoom port for data, although it would be better to create a separate port the data and have both games depend on it. Right now, even games/doom-freedoom depends on games/doom-data.

Ok,[]I have decided to become the maintainer of games/prboom, I have modified the Makefile of games/prboom to exclude the games/doom-data and I did the changes to build and install it. I did a port of freedoom that has no need of games/doom-data and I have declared it as a dependency to run prboom. So how can I become the maintainer of prboom and submit my new port of freedoom?

Give it a .txt extension to be able to upload it with the web form. Do these as two separate PRs, don't combine them.

wblock@ said:
Give it a .txt extension to be able to upload it with the web form. Do these as two separate PRs, don't combine them.
But, I have the following in my doom2.txt :
Code:
# This is a shell archive.  Save it in a file, remove anything before
# this line, and then unpack it by entering "sh file".  Note, it may
# create directories; files and directories will be owned by you and
# have default permissions.
#
# This archive contains:
#
#       doom2.wad
#
echo x - doom2.wad
sed 's/^X//' >doom2.wad << '424565c05213d87776c30050ab8d1965'
@                                                                               @                                                                               @                                                                               @                                                                               @                                                                               @                                                                               @                                                                               @                                                                               @                                                                               @                                                                               @                                                                               @
And many others "@". Is it wrong ?

I don't know what that is, I was just talking about the web PR form. It only accepts files with .txt extensions, so add that to your existing file, like doom2.shar.txt.

If you're going to change games/doom-data, make sure all the other ports that depend on it still work too. There are a few DOOM clones that use this same data port.

Wait, that was just part of the shar(1) file, not the whole thing? Data files should not be part of that file, it's just the port Makefile, pkg-descr, and so on.

wblock@ said:
Wait, that was just part of the shar(1) file, not the whole thing? Data files should not be part of that file, it's just the port Makefile, pkg-descr, and so on.
I have send both the PR. But I think that I did a mistake with the .shar.

tunixbsd said:
wblock@ said:
I have send both the PR. But I think that I did a mistake with the .shar.
I will need to send other PR with the correct .shar or there is other way to do it?

Back