Closed [ NO, we're not enabling ] Tapatalk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I´m with you! Please add Tapatalk support. Mobile access is important in my eyes and Tapatalk is perfect for reading when you are on the travel.

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Now that the forum software has changed, is it time to re-open this discussion?

I too would like to use the forum on my phone via Tapatalk.

I would like it as well, with the caveat that it would be limited to viewing posts only (I'm not sure if it is possible to limit this). I can only imagine what kind of nightmare it would be for moderators having to clean up/edit posts from Tapatalk users.

There are currently some serious (and apparently unresolved) security issues with Tapatalk. Note that these forums are not exactly user-unfriendly on mobile. That's how I use them the majority of the time.

I have absolutely no problem using Chrome on Android either, and I can be considered a power user...

I have to say I have changed my mind on this topic. I initially asked for Tapatalk support, but I no longer think it is a good idea due to the inability to support formatting and correct layout (even in read-only mode if such a thing exists).

This comes from some recent difficulties I have had using it on other forums. The formatting does not show up when viewing with Tapatalk (e.g. [nop]
Code:
[/nop] blocks just show as normal online text). This can actually make it quite hard to view and understand.

Furthermore, I agree that it would be a moderator's nightmare for people posting from Tapatalk as it doesn't provide the formatting buttons or any impetus to manually type them.

Agreed, the forums provide a nicely dressed-down and functional interface on mobile, including writing and editing posts. There should be no real need to add another layer in between. Other than that, and as previously expressed, there are too many other issues with Tapatalk that make it a non-starter for us.

Which is probably why this is a good moment to consider this topic resolved.

I think it would be really great if this forum could be read through the mobile 'tapatalk app'. I can read the PC-BSD forum easily this way but was really disappointed that this forum is not available this way. The reason I think it would be useful if because if someone has only 1 computer and they are struggling with getting their system to work, it would be so easy to use the tapatalk app and post the problem / get replies even though their computer might not be working.

Has anyone considered this as yet? I think it is free for established forums to sign up to tapatalk - but not clear on the role advertising might play - if any.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back