Linux vs. BSD = No real difference?

There are many differences between Linux distributions and FreeBSD, but it makes me saddest to think that a Linux world does not know how to [CMD=""]make love[/CMD]. A real loss.

There's so much bashing and gnu implementations of *everything* in purge like fashion, I can't help but see a causal correlation.

nbittech said:
I'm not flaming Linux here, I'm just stating my opinion that BSD is much easier to troubleshoot.

I second that. FreeBSD has all things organized and configuration is straight forward. I used Slackware - the only distribution that followed this logic of organizing files and data. Now I've Debian in VM due to cross-compilation setup for my TV.

At work majority of our servers are HP-UX, but due to cost cuts Linux is unfortunately (my opinion, not flaming) paving way to our customers. SuSE and Redhat are distros of choice.
Configuration logic there is just .. well, I call it 'link rape' or 'link abuse'. So many sym links pointing to different location .. just a mess.

Sometimes you need to convince a company that OS-a and application-a are better than the standard being used.

Also, there is support for the HPPA with OpenBSD and NetBSD.

IA64 is being developed on the BSD systems.

Back