It's all about jokes, funny pics...

cautionary.png

Why I love you FreeBSD, and your documentation.

People who highlight minor grammar points are amazing

People who highlight minor grammar points are amazing.

The ability to spot a minor grammar error is proof that you are amazing, it has been confirmed.

Researchers at the Institute for Studies found that people who loudly exclaim about apostrophes and ‘who versus whom’ are actually better than everyone else.

Professor Henry Brubaker said: “In no way are any of these people vain, arsey pedants."

“Grammar perfectionists are both intellectually and morally superior to other types of human."

I've been quite a fan of the Hackles comic, even though I was quite a Solaris advocate back then and the comic is focussed around Linux. And although it's more than 10 years old and no longer maintained I still like browsing it every once in a while.

But they also had a good dose of self reflection too; here a new programmer is hired:

And although jokes like these have been done numerous of times I still consider it funny (and relevant):

SirDice said:
Well, it's not a picture and because I'm starting my weekend in a few minutes (I took Thursday and Friday off) I'm going to post it anyway.
First of all I hope you're enjoying your weekend! I'm still working here, though fortunately with a nice cool beer, but I've got some code I need to finish up on. But I'm going to have my moment next week (upcoming Tuesday). I'm taking Tuesday and Wednesday off to optimally enjoy the release of GTAV :e

SirDice said:
http://social.technet.microsoft.com...9a931/upgrading-from-windows-7-32bit-to-64bit

With a username like @fwitt this has to be a troll. Still quite funny though.
When it comes to trolls there is one true classic in my opinion; the one on the Oracle forums. It has been taken down and unfortunately I can't find any archives, but that was a true classic. First someone started how MySQL was better than Oracle, which got some responses.

Then he started in the likes of (I'll spare the ALL CAPS but will quote what I recall): "MySQL is better bcase Oracle sucks. Oracle sucks bcase it has too many docs". (give or take, it's been a while).

What amazed me is that after this post the bomb went off. Flaming, explaining, flaming the explainers, fights... At approximately 15 posts per page this whole thing went on for at least 50 more pages. It was by far the best troll I ever came across.

Now, the only two reasons I'm posting is because we're off-topic anyway, I hope someone else remembers this one (maybe even has some material saved?) and third because it's weekend and I had a beer.

Whoops, That's four.

So the only four reasons I'm posting... ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back