Solved [Solved] USB wireless-AC/N on BeagleBone Black

I'm setting up my BeagleBone Black as a router and I'm looking for a USB wifi card (802.11ac optimally, but 802.11n will do) that can run in AP mode and has an external antenna. I'm looking at the ASUS USB-AC56 using this driver. It looks like hostapd is supported, and the driver has
Code:
#define
s for FREEBSD, so it should work? It looks like someone has gotten it to work on the Raspberry Pi, so I'm hopeful about the driver being portable enough to run on the BBB.

Is there some kind of list of chipsets that are known to work with FreeBSD on ARM? As mentioned, I'm looking to build a router/AP, so hostapd is a firm requirement.

EDIT: I checked and it seems FreeBSD does not (yet) support wireless ac, and wireless n is still pretty new. I still want a wireless ac compatible card so I can update to it once the support is there.

Re: USB wireless-AC/N on BeagleBone Black

I've decided to go with another card based on the RT3572 chipset, which seems to be supported out-of-the-box in FreeBSD. I haven't set it up yet, but it seems that it doesn't require a binary blob, which hopefully means it should be possible to get this set up in a BBB. I'm marking this as solved for now, but I'll make sure to post back if I run into any problems.

Back