Upgrade from 9.0 to 9.1

I upgraded from 9.0 to 9.1 using # freebsd-update Upgrade 9.1. After the install finished I have problem, after using # freebsd-update fetch it gives the following error:
Code:
Auto configuration failed
679494400:error:0E079065:configuration file routines:DEF_LOAD_BIO:missing equal sign:/usr/src/secure/lib/libcrypto/../../../crypto/openssl/crypto/conf/conf_def.c:366:line 1
How can I fix this?

nikos60 said:
Edit with editor vi,ee nano ;)
Yes, we know how to edit a file. We were just wondering what you changed in /etc/ssl/openssl.cnf to make it work. Not how you changed it.

SirDice said:
Yes, we know how to edit a file. We were just wondering what you changed in /etc/ssl/openssl.cnf to make it work. Not how you changed it.

I had experience fixing this by a customer who updated from 9.0 to 9.1, he pressed all "y" during prompted to check the each updated packages' configuration. And the same error occurred as per shown at the top of this thread.

So I think in his /etc/ssl/openssl.cnf there are line of:

Code:
<<<<<<<<
or
Code:
>>>>>>

With regard to confirm the previous configuration and the updated configuration's part, those characters should be deleted or commented with #, during the updates and will be left over by just pressing :qy or "y".
And that was solving the problem..

Back