ZFS zpool access from a jail

Hi guys,

I'm setting up a new system with several drives .. I was wondering what the best approach is to share pools between jails ..
I have 6 drives and a boot device .. the host will have a combination of jails and a couple of light bhyve instances ..

ideally I want 2 drives for a strip (work), 4 drives in raid10(service) + a single pool for (boot) up ..

there are so many ways to slice this up I just wanted to see what the best approach would be to slice this up..

for example,

I could iocage activate the stripe and create a dataset with quota/permissions and such in /iocage/jail/jail47/mountme .. or I could create a zvol and mount it as a device .. or even 2 zvols and make a pool inside a jail .. or several zvols and make pools in each jail .. or separate pools on the host.

I was thinking for bhyve zvols would be the best way? (if it matters the vms are x2 centos and 1 windows)

I know its not a question easily answered but I was hoping for some feedback / best practice as to what scenarios work best with what configurations and where pools should generally be built and why ?

tia

Back