Solved [ZFS] Two different zpool's merge into one, not by choice

Code:
(21:24)ROOT@psychedelic:/root# uname -a
FreeBSD psychedelic.027esc.net 13.0-RELEASE FreeBSD 13.0-RELEASE #0 releng/13.0-n244733-ea31abc261f: Fri Apr  9 04:24:09 UTC 2021
root@releng1.nyi.freebsd.org:/usr/obj/usr/src/amd64.amd64/sys/GENERIC  amd64

Here's my story: I installed FreeBSD 12 on my repurposed computer. I got frustrated with trying to get MythTV to work and Installed Windows on another hard disk. My CMOS battery died and I lost my Windows 10 RAID array and decided to go back to FreeBSD, this time 13.0. Data was backed up to another disk, as well, so not much data was lost.

So I installed FreeBSD on an SSD using the default zroot. After reading another thread, I renamed the FreeBSD 12 the zpool from zroot to zold. Installing FreeBSD 13, I named the zpool psyrstor.

The installation was successful and reboot showed no errors. I reconnected all my other drives. I imported psyrstor (raidz) with no errors. When I went to import zold, zpool told me that I needed to use zpool import -f zold, so I did. It was imported successfully without any errors.

I'm trying to troubleshoot some Sendmail errors when I went to check my logs to see what was going on. I found several entries from my old logs for my computer named ambient at 172.24.153.5, my current installation is psychedelic at 172.24.153.4. Uhm what happened?

I exported zold and the old ambient logs went away. Why are two different, I think, pools showing up as one?

PS psychedelic is a music genre...

-JJ

Why are two different, I think, pools showing up as one?
Look at the mountpoints of the 'zold' pool. Renaming the pool doesn't change any of the mountpoints. The 'zold' pool's mountpoints are overlapping with your current installation.

Back