ZFS section

Hmm. There's no separate PF section, no section for UFS, no section for Apache, etc.

It's just another filesystem, and long term I suspect the current level of chatter about it will die down, once documentation becomes better and it is installable via the installer.

It's not a bad idea, but I think something like "Filesystems" section would be better, not specifically tied to ZFS.

How about calling it "storage" instead of "file systems"?

VINUM and the afforementioned GELI both fall under storage but not under file systems.

xibo said:
How about calling it "storage" instead of "file systems"?

VINUM and the afforementioned GELI both fall under storage but not under file systems.

Sounds good to me. Partitioning, labelling, device names, filesystems, fs encryption all would fit under "storage" and this could maybe sit somewhere under "installation"?

All of these decisions are some of the first you need to make when setting up a FreeBSD box, so I reckon somewhere under installation would be a good place for it to live?

throAU said:
Sounds good to me. Partitioning, labelling, device names, filesystems, fs encryption all would fit under "storage" and this could maybe sit somewhere under "installation"?

All of these decisions are some of the first you need to make when setting up a FreeBSD box, so I reckon somewhere under installation would be a good place for it to live?

Sounds great

Well, it's been a couple of days. Perhaps the powers that be can indicate whether or not they are even considering any of the ideas mentioned here. I do get the idea that roughly half of the topics in General seem to be about ZFS, geli or something related to that.

Fonz

Back