ZFS raid pool migrate from 8.2 to 8.3, 32bit to 64bit version

Hey all,

I decided to upgrade my pool from 8.2 to 8.3. I've got a mix of USB drives and SATA drives in the pool. For whatever reason when I install 8.3 64bit and try to mount the pool I have 1 USB drive that just won't mount.

When I took another drive and reinstalled 8.2 32bit the pool mounts without any issue. Switching to 8.3 64bit again the drive is not recognized with the pool. When I try to replace the drive labelled some long number 234235632432344 with da3 it complains that the drive is already a part of a pool called "tank" and won't continue unless I force it.

I tried scrubbing the pool in 8.3 with the missing drive in prep to upgrade the pool and replace the drive. I scrubbed for say 24 hours before cancelling to try something else. After a reboot the pool was unusable and I was asked to restore from backup. When I plugged back in the 8.2 32bit freebsd FreeBSD OS drive it imports fine however starts resilvering and fixes some corruption superosidely [ What? ] created by the scrubbing of the 8.3 64 bit version.

I'm a bit lost as to what I should do now. I'm trying to upgrade the 8.2 32bit using the online upgrade instead of reinstalling.

Any help would be appreciated as I would like to upgrade to the latest version of zfs and move to 64 bit version.

Back