Your certificate expired today

"Yeah I agree that's a big hole in HSTS, but then the Internet is unfortunately insecure by default and I don't think there's a simple way around that."

It means a lot about Internet in General.

Is this referring back to having the web server configured to set HSTS expiry same as the certificate? If everyone gets a HSTS record that aligns with the expiry of the certificate then it's a perfect time to attack. Say I go to the website 10 days before expiry and get a 10 day HSTS record. Whether they replace their cert or not is irrelevant; If someone manages to hijack my connection when the original cert (and my HSTS record) expires**, but before I go back to that website and get a new cert + longer HSTS record, they can give me a HTTP copy of the website without my browser complaining.

Hmja, indeed, You're right.

Ideally the HSTS records returned should continually be pushing the expiry long into the future.

So what's it good to have an expiry parameter on the option at all?

Note also that the CAs are continually pushing for shorter cert expiry times so that new security features can be brought in - and broken or weak features removed - quicker. The current max for a commercial cert recently dropped to 2 years (think it's actually a few months over 2 years) and they may reduce it further in the future.

Thats a solution for not having a working revocation scheme.

firefox in general has just come to suck heavily in recent years. post: "web content is hammering my CPU" standard answer: "disable your plugins"...me: "but I dont run plugins. Please fix your fracking code!!!"....them: "crickets chirping...."

ShelLuser
Not to be a combobreaker in this thread but this is my links:
nologinlinks.jpg

I hit login with enter or -> but I end up with the same visuals (no change). Am I missing some great knowledge of links or how come you can get the login menu?
This is like one thing why I have not been using links more often.

Thanks.

ShelLuser
Not to be a combobreaker in this thread but this is my links:
View attachment 4952

I hit login with enter or -> but I end up with the same visuals (no change). Am I missing some great knowledge of links or how come you can get the login menu?
This is like one thing why I have not been using links more often.

Thanks.

Are you seriously running lynx? Just curious...

www/links, find it more convenient over www/lynx.
Have this hobby of learning hipstery things and a great terminal browser is on the list. It was a little down-buy for me when it prohibited me to log in on forums since terminalbrowser is a perfect way of low-weight establishment of "number of days online"-status used in some forums. :) It's just a fancy fun thing laying in the top, hehe.

Can be cool habit to have on the get go if you want to rest your eyes from all the GTK or want to browse on a unit without X.

ShelLuserI hit login with enter or -> but I end up with the same visuals (no change). Am I missing some great knowledge of links or how come you can get the login menu?
Scroll down.

This is the caveat with ASCII browsers: the website gets pretty mixed up, so basically all components somewhat "stack" and that means that things such as the login option end up all the way down, after the regular menus and such.

It's easy to overlook but it's there.

Some people, such as myself, are hard core console users :mad:

Heck, when I'm in one of my console moods I even use the aa or aca output settings for mplayer to watch my movies the way they were intended: on the console! :p

(don't take that last comment too seriously, but it is true that I sometimes do enjoy playing with those settings).

# Text Browsers
I like links because I can hack any machine, and compile it without nothing to be installed.
links does not need ncurses lib, which makes it easy to compile.

elinks and links are great. In the past, I used heavily elinks, but it is much too heavy.
links is really awesome.

w3m, I usually haven't easy use of it.

lynx is cool friend for some dumps (raw) sometimes.

Finally, own made homebrew browsers are cool because they give experience of networking and C/C++.

# Modern Browsers
Web Browsers with a GUI: netsurf, chromium, iceseawel,....
They are all slow and heavy, but this is the price to pay for modern Internet.
Modern HTML is complex.

HTML 3.0 and in 1990 - 2000, was a good time for fast browser and so on.
netscape was the greatest browser.
I recall running my browser with this netscape. That was cool.

Scroll down.

This is the caveat with ASCII browsers: the website gets pretty mixed up, so basically all components somewhat "stack" and that means that things such as the login option end up all the way down, after the regular menus and such.

It's easy to overlook but it's there.

Some people, such as myself, are hard core console users :mad:

Heck, when I'm in one of my console moods I even use the aa or aca output settings for mplayer to watch my movies the way they were intended: on the console! :p

(don't take that last comment too seriously, but it is true that I sometimes do enjoy playing with those settings).

I used to be like that, then started using screen so that I could manage several sessions...then eventually decided that I needed xterms with 200+ characters across and 60 vertical lines...Well, console went the way of the DoDo. But then I freak when I have to read or modify code with braces on separate lines: cannot stand functions that are several pages long, when they can be written in half that space.

Yes, that's what SirDice said, he got the same thing on his end.

I wasn't sure what to make of it at first.

I came across this site today when doing a freebsd-related search on google. Looks this has already been reported on the forum back in June 2018.

Here's a screenshot of it on urlscan.io

Probably a stale record. If it hasn't been done already, I may drop an email to netactutate about it.

abuse@netactuate.com (admin)
ops@netactuate.com (tech)

Attachments

• freebsd-forums.png
    freebsd-forums.png
    14.3 KB · Views: 163
Back