You can't access the handbook from freebsd.org.

pkg install en-frebsd-doc & open /usr/local/share/doc/freebsd is one of the 1st tasks on any of my installations. ..... Makes sense on a non-GUI system as well, since the docs contain very few graphics and are well suited to be viewn with links(1) or lynx(1).

Same here, with lynx(1):

lynx.jpg

Single HTML for better search.

Reactions: a6h
Yes, I land directly to first page (index of the book). I like that his customisation better.
[EDIT] By the way I prefer to read the text version of manual in vi/vim. I find that faster.

That's a custom page s/he created... ;)

Not at all. The bookmark file is default, and the colors are provided by a color-style file included in the www/lynx package. I was unsatisfied with the default colors, so I read the man page ( more precisely, I searched for "color" keywords ), the .lss color-style files came up, and with pkg info -l I located them.

The package installs in /usr/local/share/doc/lynx/samples/ a handful of color-style *.lss files. What you see in the screenshot is mild-colors.lss . I have an alias set for it, see man lynx(1), -lss option. If the provided color-style's are not to your liking, you can also create your own ones, taking one of them as draft.

Not at all. The bookmark file is default, [...]
That's your personal bookmarks, I guess. It is neither installed by some package/port, nor generated from the available HTML docs on your system. Thus it's a custom page. Thx anyway for the hints on color .lss files!

Back