Xserver - black screen

Do you think that I should deinstalled drm-kmod and try again? Thank you.

I honestly can't say, fernandel, I don't have to use it on any of my machines. The only thing I have to tweak at all to get to work is Nvidia.

I thought it strange our cards were so close in the line and mine worked out-of-the-box with the ATI driver. If it works now I'd probably just be happy it did but I'm not into gaming or watching movies on my laptops

I honestly can't say, fernandel, I don't have to use it on any of my machines. The only thing I have to tweak at all to get to work is Nvidia.

I thought it strange our cards were so close in the line and mine worked out-of-the-box with the ATI driver. If it works now I'd probably just be happy it did but I'm not into gaming or watching movies on my laptops
I did try without drm-kmod installed and I installed the old ATI drivers but it didn't work. Looks like is something with UEFI boot?
I don't watch movies too and don't play games except games/rocksndiamonds and I am pleased with scfb driver.

That could be related yes. One of the comments lists a firmware upgrade, if that is relevant for your machine you could try it (but I guess you would need to install OS X / macOS or what it is called these days on an exteranl drive or something in order to get the firmware update installed).
Disclaimer: I don't have an iMac, so I am not able to verify anything - all this is theory and speculation from my side.

That could be related yes. One of the comments lists a firmware upgrade, if that is relevant for your machine you could try it (but I guess you would need to install OS X / macOS or what it is called these days on an exteranl drive or something in order to get the firmware update installed).
Disclaimer: I don't have an iMac, so I am not able to verify anything - all this is theory and speculation from my side.

Thank you. I try to do everythig but doesn't works. Lokks like that firmware is no the problem, IMO. In the logs is successful. Computer is from 2009 and firmware was upgraded long time ago. Before I change the hard drive and I have OS X on I did check from firmware upgrade but there wer anything. And radeon from kernel works without problem and now I am using ati and kmod legacy.

Back