Xorg with intel driver: "No screens found"

Which notebook? What graphics chipset does it have? Does it have "Optimus"?

As far as xorg.conf: I'm pretty sure ${prefix} will not work there.

Hi @wblock@,

It's a Lenovo t440s with Intel HD 4400.

I'm actually very new to freebsd FreeBSD - the configuration is actually almost totally from xorg configure, I just removed the second card with the VESA driver and deinstalled VESA, as I wanted to use the Intel driver.

So do I have to remove the lines with $prefix?

Last edited by a moderator:
Abt. About Optimus: I have actually no idea and heard it for the first time. In the product description there was nothing abt. about Optimus.

What about all the
Code:
Failed to change owner or group for file /dev/dri/card0! 2: No such file or directory
messages in the log? Are they normal?

netik said:
So do I have to remove the lines with $prefix?

Like most of the lines in a generated xorg.conf, they are not needed. I have not seen the generated form using ${prefix}, but the generated files are so useless it's been a while since I looked.

The first thing to try is without any xorg.conf at all. That works fine on an i3 system here.

netik said:
Abt. About Optimus: I have actually no idea and heard it for the first time. In the product description there was nothing abt. about Optimus.

It appears that notebook does not have Optimus.

What about all the
Code:
Failed to change owner or group for file /dev/dri/card0! 2: No such file or directory
messages in the log? Are they normal?

I don't know if they are normal. On my older i3, /dev/dri/card0 is present.

The errors may indicate that the KMS Intel driver does not yet support the graphics in the latest (fourth-generation) Intel processors. Or it could be that x11/xorg-minimal is too minimal, often a problem.

Thank you. But like you expected, it didn't help.
Now, it works at least with VESA, but with the Intel driver it's still the same. Where do I see when it will be supported? And what will I have to do? Will recompiling x11/xorg be enough?

Back