xorg not starting with amdgpu

I've discovered that we have newer packages in terms of graphics such mesa-devel. After updating the system I upgraded the following packages:
Code:
xorg-minimal
drm-devel-kmod
libdrm
and I installed mesa-devel.

Something I feel strange is that xorg-server installs mesa-dri even with mesa-devel previously installed. (Maybe it hasn't anything to do with the issue).

The working platform is an AMD Ryzen 7 with vega graphics running FreeBSD 13-CURRENT. It boots fine to tty but when I try to run the command startx I get this:
Code:
amdgpu: os_same_file_description couldn't determine if two DRM fds reference the same file description.
if they do, bad things may happen!
ac: Unknown GPU, using 0 for raster_config

Here's a full xorg.0.log pastebin.

As always /etc/rc.conf has kld_list="/boot/modules/amdgpu.ko" and /boot/loader.conf has hw.syscons.disable=1.

Strange too is that xorg automatically creates a video config file naming the section output device instead of display. It doesn't seem to affect at all since it's not working whether I enable or disable the conf file.

I've tried both enabling and disabling my custom xorg rule 10-amdgpu.conf:
Code:
Section "Device"
    Identifier "AMDgpu"
    Driver "amdgpu"
    Option "DRI" "3"
    Option "TearFree" "true"
EndSection
with no luck.

pciconf reports:
Code:
vgapci0@pci0:5:0:0:
vendor = "Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI]"
device = "Picasso"
class = display

Does anyone have a hint to check what can be causing this? I understand that devel packages are under heavy work and is expected to see things not working.

Last edited:
Back