XFCE4 update

Hello,

Yesterday i've updated my ports and noticied the XFCE4 update, thanks :D

I have some troubles after the ports update (csup), some ports were removed and pkgdb give me some errors, wants to remove the packages and fails to do this. Unfortunately i didn't found any information in UPDATING, so i guess i'll have to delete the current version manually before installing the new one.

Btw, any happy XFCE user here ? :)

I've updated 2 days ago.. I usually update by removing all packages and just starting from scratch.

I did encounter a problem when everything was done though (the building went pretty smooth). After logging in and startx, xfce starts up but there's no menu. I haven't figured out why yet.

I may do a csup again tonight and start over again.

Had the same problem. New information was added to /usr/ports/UPDATING, by the way. I ended up rebuilding xfce-4.6.0 and everything depending on it. Took a few hours, but it is now working as it should.

Hmmm no trouble here. I just did a pkgdb -F just before to clean out all the old-removed stuff, followed by portupgrade.

Been very happy with the update.

SirDice said:
After logging in and startx, xfce starts up but there's no menu. I haven't figured out why yet.
Same problem here, also, when starting xfce4-appfinder (from a shell :)), i get the error dialog "Could not load system menu".

Now i'm missing the good old menu :)

I did have an error while building the xfce4 ports, it failed on the the libxfce4menu, but after i built it by hand everything went fine.

hi guys. how long to update xfce with portupgrade ? i hope FreeBSD upload package for xfce soon into ports ftp.

Building from scratch takes a couple of hours on my machine, YMMV.

My menu is back :)

I rebuild everything related to libxfce4menu (portupgrade -rRf) and removed all configuration files in my home directory before launching Xfce.

PuTTY (putty-0.60_1) always crashes (closes) on me when selecting text (either by selecting text with the mouse or by double-clicking a word/line) on xfce-4.6.0. No messages in /var/log at all. Can anyone confirm this?

Oh wait, this only happens on the second screen in TwinView mode. PuTTY on the primary screen is just fine. Never mind, just a quirk, I guess.

u guys very patient! i dont want to wait for couple of hours :D... i'm waiting for official tbz from ports ftp

I don't know who's more patient then .. I compiled everything in about three hours on a core2duo laptop.

DutchDaemon said:
I don't know who's more patient then .. I compiled everything in about three hours on a core2duo laptop.

It took me about the same time to build it on dual core lenovo3000n200. everything went great!

I have a strange problem with the icons on the background (in icon mode). When one of the icons is selected then it is not redrawn correctly when a window is dragged over it.
If i deselect it, then it is redrawn correctly.

Can someone reproduce it?

Installed from scratch. Very polished and fast.

One problem however, I keep on seeing a xfce-mixer-plugin core dump file.

Why does the plugin crashes?

xfce-mixer-plugin is crashing on my box too (but on the other side the desktop doesn't crash any more when quitting ;))

I need to recompile it with symbols in order to understand what's wrong with it, i think it should be possible to add some flags on the command line, or not :) ... but actually i don't have enough time to play with ports :/

Just upgraded from 4.3.0 to 4.6.0.
Everything works fine, except the keyboard shortcuts don't work anymore.
I used to have Ctrl-s, Ctrl-m and Ctrl-b for a small, medium and big xterm.
There als also missing icons in de new xfce4-settings-manager program.

For icons, install

x11-themes/icons-tango A basic set of icons for the most common usage
x11-themes/icons-tango-extras A extra set of icons from the Tango project

xfce4 installed freebsd7.1 how to install a wbar?

Installed xfce4, ready to imitate virtualbsd the wbar. Do not know how to install, please help out friends.

qingliangshanren said:
Installed xfce4, ready to imitate virtualbsd the wbar. Do not know how to install, please help out friends.

I'm not usre I've understood your question.. You don't know how to install wbar or configure it?

If the problem is installing it:

Code:
# cd /usr/ports/x11/wbar
# make install clean

If need help configuring wbar I subjected you visit the project's homepage.

xfce4 installed freebsd7.1 how to install a wbar?

Back