Solved xfce4 fbsd 13.0 keyboard/mouse

I got 13.0 installed to get my wifi card to work the powers that be in FreeBSD have them working in that Current but not in 12.x so yeah I installed it. got it up and running. xorg, xfce4 and the mouse and keyboard works on the command line terminal, cli / when I startxfce4 it starts then mouse and keyboard does not. I got a pointer but no moments or keyboard either, I have to push the power button to get out of it.

any suggesting? mouse_enable=yes is already in rc.conf which I think is useless because it works until I go into xfce4.

(this post is in lue of my how do I get my Driver for Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless AC 9560 working post) now that I've got 13.0 installed and running.

Last edited:
Since FreeBSD 13.0 is not officially supported you won't get much help here. Try the FreeBSD mailing lists.

It's the new Xorg switching from devd to udev.

Try this:
Code:
sysctl kern.evdev.rcpt_mask=12
If this works, make it persistent across reboots by adding the following to /etc/sysctl.conf:
Code:
kern.evdev.rcpt_mask=12
and remove any keyboard driver stuff from xorg.conf in case there is any.

didn't work.. I really didn't think it was going to be this problematic. there was something in dmesg about the keyboard thing too that might be the issue I forget exaclty what it said other than it was some option that might be dropped in development something something. its late.. tired.

Stupid question, but did you install xf86-input-mouse/keyboard drivers? They don't install by default with xorg-server, so I forgot about them in the past :). Besides, if you have newer Xorg (which at this time you most likely have), you'll also need to check this thread.

Stupid question, but did you install xf86-input-mouse/keyboard drivers? They don't install by default with xorg-server, so I forgot about them in the past :). Besides, if you have newer Xorg (which at this time you most likely have), you'll also need to check this thread.
I forgot about this post, and scrapped 13 Now I am running 12.1x thanks though

Back