Solved XCLOCK: how to set (change) the look of the analog clock via cli or other means?

I know xclock the analog has different face types. IN freeBSD it shows a basic default face in my linux distros it shows a nicer face. How to change the look of the clock face in analog mode, and where to get a list of options? I cannot find anything on the internet to tell me.

nopers ... it has to be in the source code and I've looked at a few that are out there but nothing solid as they're all different.
Are you claiming that the man page disagrees with the source code, and therefore with the executable that's on your system? That would be an extraordinary claim, and would require extraordinary evidence. If that is really true, you should open a PR against the port/package that xclock is installed from.

It's also possible that your Linux distribution does a special compile with patches for xclock. Which distribution is it?

Are you claiming that the man page disagrees with the source code, and therefore with the executable that's on your system? That would be an extraordinary claim, and would require extraordinary evidence. If that is really true, you should open a PR against the port/package that xclock is installed from.
there is nothing in the man page that even suggests the abilities to change the analog clock face the digital one yes using -face < FONT > therefore by the process of elimination it has to be hard coded. unless it strangly uses a wing ding font which is not documented

The man page describes Xdefaults / X ressources, which defines the optic. Here's an example of what you can write in your ~/.Xdefaults:
Code:
XClock.input:             false
XClock.Clock.hourColor:   rgba:7f/00/00/c0
XClock.Clock.minuteColor: rgba:00/7f/7f/c0
XClock.Clock.secondColor: rgba:00/00/ff/80
XClock.Clock.majorColor:  rgba:7f/00/00/c0
XClock.Clock.minorColor:  rgba:00/7f/7f/c0
Note that you've got to load them manually to take them effekt on a running X session (f.e. xrdb -merge ~/.Xdefaults).

The man page describes Xdefaults / X ressources, which defines the optic. Here's an example of what you can write in your ~/.Xdefaults:
Code:
XClock.input:             false
XClock.Clock.hourColor:   rgba:7f/00/00/c0
XClock.Clock.minuteColor: rgba:00/7f/7f/c0
XClock.Clock.secondColor: rgba:00/00/ff/80
XClock.Clock.majorColor:  rgba:7f/00/00/c0
XClock.Clock.minorColor:  rgba:00/7f/7f/c0
Note that you've got to load them manually to take them effekt on a running X session (f.e. xrdb -merge ~/.Xdefaults).
should xrdb -merge ~/.Xdefaults be put inside of .xinitrc , what is its usage, or how should that be called each time startx is used or a login manager?

Back