Xfce X11VNC does not work as it should after upgrade from 11 to 12.1 version. Crashes every time after 2-3 days.

maks

After upgrade FreeBSD from 11 version to 12.1- RELEASE, x11vnc does not work as it should and crashes every time after 2-3 days. Also, keyboard input in remove console on the remote desktop via VNC sometimes stuck. Under 11 BSD everything was fine.
I believe this is not because XFCE but I run it under XFCE.
When I tried to reinstall it from ports got this warning.
Code:
[root@freebsd /usr/ports/net/x11vnc]# make install
make: "/usr/ports/Mk/bsd.port.mk" line 1189: UNAME_r (12.1-RELEASE-p1) and OSVERSION (1102000) do not agree on major version number.

SirDice

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator

You seem to have only done a partial upgrade. You still have a 11.2 userland running on a 12.1 kernel. You really need to finish the upgrade procedure.

OP
OP
maks

maks

You are actually absolutely right. I forgot about freebsd-update install
Thank you

OP
OP
maks

maks

But x11vnc still works not stable. Even after the whole system update and made it from scratch x11vnc crashes after 1-3 days... Any ideas?

OP
OP
maks

maks

I found out when the x11vnc crashes. As a fact, this is not a crash, but something works wrong. It happens unpredictably but always right after Ctrl-C and right after login to VNC. Never happened during using the VNC. So I guess somehow daemon x11vnc get to the front as a foreground process and accept this keyboard shortcut.