Solved "Workspace Switcher", "Show Desktop" and "Window List" quit unexpectedly

After using pkg to upgrade my packages last night (on FreeBsd 12.1 p10) when I log into my Mate session I get a few errors. The "Workspace Switcher", "Window List" and "Show Desktop" quite unexpectedly. After removing those items from the lower panel I am able to add the "Workspace Switcher" and "Show Desktop" back to the lower panel. If I try and add the "Window List" back to the panel I get the same 3 error messages. So it seems that the issue is with the "Window List" widget. It's not a big deal to just not use the "Window List" widget but I was wondering if there is a way around this issue.
Edit #1: If it helps I'm running freebsd on 2 Dell Laptops and each laptop is having the same issue. Both laptops are using the 'drm-kmod' package for the intel graphics card. The laptop I'm on right now is a Dell Latittude E7450 with an I7 processor.

Edit #2: I also noticed that the mate package is listed as being version 1.22.2 where the associated mate packages (like mate-applets) are listed as being version 1.23.0. Could this be part of the issue?

Alexander88207

Enthusiast
You also must write the related package name in the title so that the maintainer gets directly a notification. Example: x11/mate-applets: Issue with "Window List" Applet in Mate desktop environment but i guess its the package x11/mate-panel, it is not bad if the package is not exactly right.

You also must write the related package name in the title so that the maintainer gets directly a notification. Example: x11/mate-applets: Issue with "Window List" Applet in Mate desktop environment but i guess its the package x11/mate-panel, it is not bad if the package is not exactly right.
Thanks!