Working USB Wifi Adapter

Just wanted to let anyone know that is needing a USB WIFI Adapter that works well with FreeBSD. I just recently bought a Netgear A600 (A6100) usb wifi adapter. Just posting if anyone is looking for a cheap adapter.

This is one of those old, cheap, EDIMAX dongles:
Code:
rtwn0 on uhub1
rtwn0: <Realtek 802.11n WLAN Adapter, class 0/0, rev 2.00/2.00, addr 4> on usbus1
rtwn0: MAC/BB RTL8188CUS, RF 6052 1T1R
It's not the fastest in the world but it'll do in a pinch. I use it on one of my Raspberry Pies.

This is one of those old, cheap, EDIMAX dongles:
Which has a newer revision based on RTL8188EUS instead that is currently not recognized by the if_rtwn_usb(4) driver, so better double check before buying one. Same goes for Asus USB N10Nano btw which a friend recently purchased off amazon, just to find out it's not being detected. Turns out it's revision B1 of the product which also uses RTL8188EUS instead of RTL8188CUS and has a different USB product ID than the original product.

Yeah, I know mine's quite old, I've had it for a couple of years. No markings on it except "802.11n".

Which has a newer revision based on RTL8188EUS instead that is currently not recognized by the if_rtwn_usb(4) driver, so better double check before buying one. Same goes for Asus USB N10Nano btw which a friend recently purchased off amazon, just to find out it's not being detected. Turns out it's revision B1 of the product which also uses RTL8188EUS instead of RTL8188CUS and has a different USB product ID than the original product.
Hi Mickey, I just applied the patch (i think) you submitted through bugzilla (Bug 254280) and I can confirm that my ASUS USB N10 Nano (B1 version) is working.

Many thanks!

Back